2. Hitching it right

Read description in the Table of Contents. (1)

Having solemnly slipped into a beautiful deep slumber, the blaring ring of his phone at two am brought worst frown knitting his forehead the first thing.

And truth be told it wasn't him to blame.
Had it been the days of early twenties- being in his caffeine guzzling punk rock phase, he probably would've been wide awake till now making music, partying and what not.

However that isn't the case now that his brain, back and legs switch to hibernation mode after ten, preferring to lull himself to sleep reading a few pages of a book that he takes a month to complete.

So yeah, don't blame him if a few profanities slip out of his chapped lips before the tongue darts out to damp them while he finally picks the phone.

"Hello?" His voice is gravelly from how dry the throat is and he's already reaching out for the glass of water on his nightstand.

"HELLOO!! TAEEE!!" The voice yells over the earsplitting music that roars in the background and through the phone making Taehyung wince and put the phone a little farther from his ear.

"Jimin whatever it is man, not now." He grumbles sleepily about to hang up but the other doesn't seem in the mood to allow that.

"No! Listen! Can you come and pick Jungkook up from here!"

"Why? Wasn't he staying at yours?"

"Yes but he's crying and I'm not sober enough to handle that!"

A yank of the duvet away, sleep already washed off, he slipped his feet into the gliders ready to evulse out. "Jimin why- what- what's going on?"

"He's crying that his best friend didn't attend his bachelor party."

Taehyung scowls and lies back down ready to huddle under his duvet again. "Tell him his best friend isn't interested in his bogus bachelor party."

"You see that's exactly what Yoongi said to him when he was just tearing up and now consequently he's wailing... you want proof? Wait I'll just-"

"No I believe you it's oka-" but Jimin never hears his pleas as the next voice that pierces his ears is loud yell-y wails.

"WaaaaaAA Taeh- h-he d-didn't WAAAAAAAA" before he can respond or merely comprehend Jimin is back on the phone again.
"You hear that? Who do you suppose out of us five drunk guys and a pissed off male-stripper can handle that ! He's like a siren and-"

"Fine. Gee, fine! I'm coming!"

*********

When he arrives at Jimin's ten minutes later his shoulders knock against an unfamiliar handsome man who doesn't look very pleased walking out gritting something under his breath. On reaching the hall he sees the music back on it's full swing and his friends jamming to it in the centre of the room like there's no tomorrow.

His eyes quickly find the only one sitting on the chair with a big a pout glaring at the men who were actually having fun like they were supposed to.
He silently walks to him and tugs his shirt from the shoulder and only when half of it pulls to him he realises the battered condition the shirt was in.

With nose red and eyes puffy, the aforementioned looks up barely paying assiduity. "Come on Kook, I'll take you home."

Taehyung tries his best to soften the words that he descants knowing first-hand how the reserved and poised masculine man is an overly-sensitive baby when he is drunk; also the reason for him getting abandoned by his friends whenever he reaches the limits and then it's Taehyung's albatross to clean up the mess.