17. Grounded

Read table of contents (chapter 1) for description

the_sanctuaryX  that's my twt where I sometimes exchange the Logolepsy and write baseless drabbles of taekook

Recommended song- Dress- Taylor Swift (loml)
================================

He is privileged, Taehyung knows as much. Whenever there's a mention of someone privileged it is directly associated with bratty or snobbish or thankless.

And every living moment he tries to overcome those norms; to indulge into the bustle that his family compels into, to take the Kim name forward, to be everything.

You know how they say, 'you mostly fail to see you're in a problem unless you see someone without it'.
Cue Jeon Jungkook.
The guy he happened to collide (his world) with during a hasty visit to the library.

Taehyung vividly remembers how bad his ass had hurt for days by the impact of his fall, mostly because the boy who had tripped on him was.. to put it decently... not light at all.

In an urgency to leave the campus for the meeting he had scheduled as his father's subordinate, he prefered to turn deaf to the "hey you!" that was yelled behind his back and had bolted out of the hall.

Two days later the same 'hey you!' was outside of his class demanding to see the Hot Jerk™, and...boy oh boy was Mr. Hey-You prettier than autumn-blooming roses.

Big glittery eyes narrow adorably while curling a finger to call him outside; knowing so little that Taehyung was immediately enarmed enough to follow him to his personal inferno.

Before he even reaches outside, the boy was already yelling at him about how insensitive it is of him to not apologise for the crack on his phone screen from the collision that he caused.

Taehyung on the other hand had baseball butterflies hitting home-runs in his tummy at every reprimand.

Somewhere down the rebuke the pretty rose starts walking, ranting how unfair it is how they don't replace the iPhone-4 spare parts anymore while Taehyung silently follows with an endeared smile.

Taehyung had offered to buy a new phone for him as an apology and laughed for a good minute when the other had stared at him, bug eyed and gape mouthed, almost on the verge of passing out. Jungkook then claims how he'd rather prefer to settle for a pastrami sandwich.

Taehyung just...fell. Fell hard.

From then on, there was no going back. Despite the Y-divergence of their life roads, Taehyung found their tuning surprisingly synced.

They meet at little library study sessions despite their pole-apart majors and the fact that Taehyung is a senior and Jungkook a freshman.

They start slow walks towards the class each morning to drop each other off and then stand at the doorway with shy smiles till the professor arrives.

His personal favorite however is the full blown sprint they race out of the campus where Taehyung then climbs into the car that arrives for him, waving a long goodbye hanging half out of the window as far as his vision permits.

When you know, you know.

It's obvious in their palpable silences, in the bashful brushing of pinkies during walks, in the pliable late night phone calls, in the doting morning texts.. .The list is too long for the small paper heart that Taehyung harbours.

So he decides to go for it. His first date in years and he wants to go all out.

The horses in his brain are racing for life-- pinterest exhausted for its offerings on date ideas, each sorted into tabular segregation with individual spreadsheets on the tourist reviews and weather predictions of the venues; and an appointment with Anna Sui's designers already fixed.