𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ➳ Divine power and magic

"This is the first time that two people in our country obtained divine power! We must report this to the temple and the royal palace at once!"

Two...? Ah, the other one is probably 'that' girl. I wonder when will I be able to meet her...anyway, that's not what's important right now! I need to stop them!

"Servants of gods, can I make a request?" The two priests glanced at each other before smiling amicably at me. "Yes, my lady. What is it?"

I pursed my lips and gazed straight at them. "Please keep this a secret between all of us here. I do not want any word about it to get out." A troubled look painted the priests' faces while staring at me in silence.

My parents rushed over to my side with their brows furrowed. "What are you talking about, Alyn? This is something that is worth to be known and celebrated by the kingdom! Don't you like holding huge banquets like this?" My mother asked while gauging the expression on my face.

I shook my head, eyes firm. Maybe the previous Amarizi did, but not me. It's too dangerous for our household to attract such unwanted attention—specially when our safety is not set in stone yet. "No, Mom. I just want to keep it between ourselves for now. Can't we do that please?"

Mother turned to Father, eyes begging for help, but Father only shook his head and sighed. "If that's what my daughter wants, then let it be so. I'm sure Alyn has her reasons as to why she doesn't want to."

Mother let out a small smile. "I guess we have no choice but to concede then." I beamed brightly as I ran up to them and hugged them tightly. "Thank you, Dad, Mom."

They returned the hug as my father patted my head in affection. "Anything for my daughter."

Father let go of me as he turned his gaze to the two priests with a smile on his face. "I apologize for the bother, but can you keep it between yourselves in regards to my daughter having divine power?"

The two priests glanced at each other again before sighing in defeat. "Well, since his grace has personally asked us, then we will keep it to ourselves. But we still have to report it to the high priest and lord of the magic tower."

Lord of the magic tower? Isn't that another capture target? "You can report it to the high priest, but why does the lord of the magic tower has to know about this? Can't you leave him out of this?"

The priest shook his head. "I apologize, young miss, but it is customary to report it to the lord of the magic tower as it is one with the temple." Fuck. I forgot that the magic tower and temple are closely related to each other.

Father nodded his head and smiled. "Well, it can't be helped then. I trust that you will keep your word."

"Be at ease, your grace. Let the gods be the only witnesses of today." After talking about a few things with my parents, the priests finally left our household. I turned to face Ageon and Celsia, eyes filled with seriousness. "I know you're already aware about this, but I'll remind you once more. Make sure that no word will get out of here."

The both of them bowed their heads in unison.

"As you wish, miss."
"As you wish, my lady."

I smiled in satisfaction, but my wary gaze still fell upon Ageon. As if sensing my gaze, he lifted his head, the corners of his lips tugging upwards. I removed any trace of suspicion in my face and returned the smile before turning to my parents. Father placed a hand on my head, eyes exuding warmth.

"Your magic and archery training will start next week. Regarding your divine power, we still have to find out the ability you have. So as the head of the house blessed by the goddess Aphrodite, I will be the one to handle the class. Your mother will be the one to handle the gardening class. Is that alright with you, Alyn?"