𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓽𝔀𝓸 ➳ A Rose or a Thorn?

Sigh.

I leaned my head on the headrest, and stared blankly at the ceiling. My magic training was cancelled again in the morning since father had to go to the imperial palace due to an urgent matter.

So, I only had territory management class and archery training today and these classes weren't until this afternoon. Due to this, I'm now currently bumming out in my bedchamber.

Ah, I want to do something. Should I help Sia clean my room?

I glanced around the room to see any place that needs cleaning, only to end up with nothing. How am I supposed to clean an already clean room?

I glanced at Celsia, still cleaning the already spotless room, and followed her every movement. "Sia, what the heck are you cleaning?"

"Language, miss." Celsia glanced at me and shot me a stern look before returning her gaze to her work. "And I'm cleaning the dirt, of course."

My expression morphed into a look of incredulity. I roamed my eyes around the room, which was void of any speck of dirt to the point it became blindingly clean. I feel like I'm the only dirty thing here... Should I clean myself instead?

"You're cleaning dirt? I have perfect vision and I can't even see a single speck of dirt." I stood up and ran a finger on the table to check if there was any dirt, but my finger had no traces of it.

"See? There's no dirt." I showed my finger to her as a proof. She flashed me a smile and continued dusting off the vanity table. "Of course, there would be no dirt in the table, miss. I already cleaned that a while ago."

"Exactly! You already cleaned my room since early in the morning! Sia, can you perhaps see things that others don't?" I swear my bedchamber can be called the cleanest place in the whole fucking empire.

She stopped her movement and turned around to face me, furrowing her eyebrows. "Maybe you need to get your eyes checked, miss. I'm worried."

I shot her a glare. "My eyes are perfectly fine." She let out a relieved sigh and smiled cheerfully. "Oh, thank goodness. I thought your eyes got hazy after constantly seeing the crown prince."

I glanced at Celsia wide-eyed, which she only responded with a shrug. I let out a laugh and grinned. "Instead of a physician, I think I need to see a priest. My eyes need some serious cleansing."

Now that Celsia had brought it up, a feeling of annoyance bubbled up inside me again.

A few days ago, the king requested me to come with my father to the royal palace every morning with the pretext of accompanying my father, resulting to the cancellation of our magic training for a while.

Even without knowing the real reason, I became utterly convinced that the reason had to be involved with the crown prince. Even an idiot could guess right through the king's schemes. I mean, every time I visited the royal palace with father, I would "coincidentally" meet with the crown prince.

I would have believed it to be a coincidence if it only happened no more than three times, but I kept on bumping into the crown prince no matter where I went. It wouldn't be farfetched to think that the shitty crown prince kept tabs on my whereabouts.

I felt goosebumps ran along my arm as I involuntarily shivered. If my guess is correct, that would be really fucking creepy.

What angered me the most were the bastard's smug expression and usual cocky remarks and the blatant lies that always left the king's mouth, with laughter, whenever I "coincidentally" bump into that bastard.