𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ➳ I guess Aphrodite kept her promise

Start from the beginning

My lips formed a thin line. It would be really troublesome if it's the latter. I guess I'll have to dig deeper.

"Ah, right," Celsia blurted out in a sudden, causing me to glance back at her while cocking an eyebrow. "About Sir Mades, I asked around the area and it seemed like he was the son of a baron."

My eyebrows rose. A Baron? "Are you sure? Is that information to be trusted?" She nodded firmly. "Yes. I even had it confirmed, miss."

"I see. Thank you, Sia." I gave her a smile which she returned back. I fell deep into my thoughts again. I still couldn't wrapped my head around the fact that he's really just the son of a baron.

Ever since I laid my eyes on him, all of my senses heightened, just like one would do when encountering something hazardous. Every time I spend some time together with him, I always felt a sense of tranquility and comfort although I still remained wary of him. There was that time too. Ugh...am I reading too much into it?

"Sia, do you perhaps have any recollection of what Sir Mades talked about before?"

"The one where you appointed him as your personal knight?" I nodded. She placed a finger under her chin as her brows furrowed. "I don't really recall you going to the training grounds before, though I can't really say for sure since you like to sneak out most of the time, miss."

So, there's a possibility that I really did meet him before, huh? Damn it. Why can't I remember anything?!

For some reason, Amarizi's memories only amount from when she was seven years old up to the day I took over her body. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember anything prior to my seventh birthday. Should I ask Ageon about it again?

Ah, right! Speaking of Ageon... "Sia, I don't see Sir Mades these past few days. Do you know where he might be?"

"Hmm? He's currently attending the compulsory 3-day training camp. Didn't he inform you about it, miss?" Oh? Is it time for the 3-day training camp already?

"No—ah, right! He did inform me. It must have slipped my mind. Since 3 days has already passed, he should be returning today, right?"

Celsia was about to speak up when a sudden knock interrupted her. I glanced to the door and spoke. "Come in."

A mass of neat black hair came into view as his amethyst eyes stared directly at my eyes. "Greetings, my lady." Ah, speak of the devil.

"Sir Mades, it seems like the 3-day training camp finally ended."

"Yes, my lady. His grace told me to come escort you to the parlor for your assessment as soon as I got out of the training camp." I jolted up from my seat. Shit. I forgot today is the d-day!

I turned on my heel and walked towards the double doors, but before I could completely get out of the room, I glanced back to the two of them and smiled. "Let's go. We can't keep our guests waiting."

I turned around and started walking towards the parlor, Ageon and Celsia trailing behind me as usual. Not long after, we arrived outside the parlor. I knocked softly on the door before Ageon opened the doors wide. Both of my parents were present in the room along with 2 unfamiliar faces who I presumed as the temple priests.

I went towards them and greeted them with a curtsy. "Greetings to the faithful servants of gods. May the gods' blessings be upon us." The two of them returned my greeting with smiles on their faces. "Greetings to the young miss. May the gods' blessings be upon us."

I glanced at my parents before glancing back at them. "Should we start now?"

"If the young miss says so, then we shall commence it right away." The priest opened the box case beside him and took out a huge goblet filled with clear sparkling water. He placed it on top of the table as the other priest urged me to stand near the goblet.

"Please place both of your hands inside the goblet, young miss."

Following the priest's order, I placed both of my hands inside the goblet and completely submerged it into the sparkling water. After a few moments, the clear sparkling water turned to purple. The priests let out a smile. "Seems like the young miss has a strong affinity to reinforcement magic. You can pull your hands out of the goblet now."

Reinforcement magic? Not bad, I guess. I was about to pull my hands out of the now purple water when it suddenly changed back to its original color—no, it turned even more sparkly and clear.

My eyes went wide when the clear sparkling water rapidly rose in height and overflowed. The water kept overflowing, showing no signs of stopping.

I hurriedly glanced at the two priests, only to see them staring at the goblet in astonishment. Seeing no actions from them, I pulled my hand out of the goblet. As soon as I did so, the volume and color of the water turned back to its normal state. I let out a sigh in relief.

"Oh, by the gods!" The priest beside me suddenly exclaimed, turning towards me with amazement in his eyes before glancing at my parents. "Congratulations, your graces! This is the first time I've seen an individual to possess such pure and enormous amount of divine power!"

My parents' eyes widened as my mother placed a hand over her mouth. Ageon and Celsia also had a look of surprise in their faces. I watched them fuss over it, a small smile blooming on my lips.

I guess Aprodite kept her promise.