"You remembered I like foxes?" she asked in surprise.

"Yep." Gon gave her two thumbs up.

Miwa hurried into the bathroom to admire herself in the mirror.

'If only I was fluffy...'

An idea occurred to her. She used a henge over herself to give her fox ears and a bushy golden tail.

'I'm a fox! Lookie, lookie!'

Congratulations on improving yourself, kit.

Bubbles of joy made Miwa smile so brightly the other boys found her happiness infectious.

"I've gotta go back out and steal again tonight," she said. "I want to properly use this mask."

"You'll need different clothes than your regular ones, then. Let's go shopping real quick," Killua suggested.

(≧ڡ≦*)

Brief interlude

Chrollo Lucifer, leader of the Phantom Troupe, reread his fortune.

Shalnark had been quick to ascertain that the chain-user that murdered Uvogin was from the Nostrade family. The family had risen to high ranks in the underworld due to the head's daughter, a blue-haired young lady named Neon. Neon had a particularly wonderful nen ability that granted her the powers of completely accurate fortunes. She had many important clients in the underworld that granted her family special privilege.

Chrollo had watched the girl for a day, looking for an opportunity to meet her and ideally steal her nen ability. Luck was in his favor, as the girl was anxious to get away from her bodyguards. She had shown him her fortune-telling ability as thanks.

When he had read the first verse of the poem he knew it was perfectly accurate. It had predicted Uvogin's death.

The rest of the poem was easy enough to decipher, it was only the last bit that Chrollo would need more information on before drawing a conclusion.

It was easy to swiftly knock Neon out and slip away in the confusion.

Chrollo knew the mafia would be on his tail shortly. Even if they had not successfully stolen from them the previous night, the mafia would still blame the troupe, and Chrollo had every intention of making tonight's raid a success.

Well.

Chrollo intended for the night to hold more than simply stealing from the mafia.

Uvogin had been taken from them.

In honor of his companion, Chrollo would grant a night of chaos upon the city; one filled with death, mayhem, and gore, that would surely make Uvogin's soul sing in joy where it may be.

Chrollo pulled out the notebook with his fortune written on it, reading it over one more time.

"The calendar loses a precious component.

The remaining months gather to mourn.

The mourners play a melody, while the eleventh moon quietly rises.

The chrysanthemum withers and falls to lie on the ground beside bloody Scarlet Eyes.

But you will remain supreme.

After losing half your limbs

Join hands with the golden fox, lead it to the city that fell from the sky

It will show you a lifelong sun."

Chrollo tucked the fortune away in his suit pocket. He did not know yet who or what the fox was, but had a feeling he'd know soon enough.