13

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

It was the last day of the camp, the teams were getting ready for the afternoon barbecue. As they had just finished all practice games and drills.

Everyone was given a job, and (Y/n's) was to go out with the other captains for the meat and veggies.

"Come on (Y/n)-chan we have to go!" Bokuto yelled as he excitedly grabbed her arm running towards the other captains.

The group walked down towards the closest grocery store. Upon arriving (Y/n) had taken out the lists and handed it to Bokuto (bad idea) "okay Bokuto, Kuroo and Saku you are in charge of the veggies. Me, Daichi and (girl cap name) are in charge of the meat, please don't buy anything else that's not on the list. Meet back at the front in an a few okay?" (Y/n) explained as the boys reluctantly agreed.

(Y/n) sighed and looked back at her group and nodded to continue.

~~~~
After a while the three were down to the last few things on the list.

"Okay we got the meat, plates, anddd utensils now we need..." (Y/n) mumbled as she looked around for the last item which was seasoning and saw it laying on the top shelf. 'Ahh dammit' she thought as she couldn't reach up.

She was about to give up, when a larger hand reached past hers grabbing said item. She turned to see Daichi. 'Thanks' she mumbled as she placed the item into the basket. She was about to start walking when a group of other people walked pass making Daichi scoot closer to her. Her breath hitched as she noticed how close he was to her. Her face felt like it was burning, avoiding eye contact she looked down.

"Alright love birds we gotta go!" Kuroo yelled as (Y/n) saw him with the other three. When she looked at Saku she could see her pissed expression as she probably witnessed the incident. (Y/n) wasn't sure how to feel about her glare but carried on nonetheless.

The group paid and went on their way back to the campus.

~~~~~~

'Itadakimasu!'

The players all yelled as they began to dig into the food.

"Wahh so good (Y/n) here have some more!!" Yasui yelled as she began to place more meat on my plate. I smiled at her nervously as my plate began to fill up.

My only option was to walk away, soon finding myself in a small isolated area towards the back. I was picking around the meat for the rice and veggies when all of a sudden a pair of chopsticks grabbed a few of my pieces.

"Bokuto-san you can't steal people's food." Akaashi scolded as Bokuto pouted putting the meat back. "Oh not it's okay you can actually have it all." I took all the meat and put onto his plate, he cheered happily as he bragged to Akaashi.

I wasn't hungry enough for seconds so I tossed out my plate and sat back down in my area. It was really hot so I decided to look for a cooler.

Most of them seemed empty and even the water dispensers. 'Poor managers' I thought as I could see many of them run to refill waters. A sigh of defeat slipped out as I slumped back into the grass.

Bad idea, as the sun was shinning directly on my face. Just as I was about sit up and figure towered over me. Removing my hands I could see Daichi with a bottle of water in his hands.

"Here I grabbed an extra, you look like you need it." He chuckled as he tossed it, you managed to catch it and quickly opened it drinking nearly all of the water. "Thanks Daichi I did need that." You giggled and looked over the the crowd of boys fighting Bokuto for his meat.

That's when Bokuto snuck up and tried to take Nekomas meat, getting caught in the process he started running away from the bed head captain.

"He never leans." Daichi sighed as he shook his head in disappointment. I laughed as I looked over at Daichi. His face was all sweaty but the sun had reflected from his skin in the right places making him look absolutely beautiful. I caught myself staring and looked away quickly before I embarrassed myself.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Daichi:
As I watched the boy chase eachother I could help but catch a glimpse of (Y/n) expressions whenever something happened, the way her nose scrunched up when she laughed or her worried look when Bokuto got scolded. 'She so cute' he thought as a blush made it way to his cheeks.
~~~

The day ended with a few round of volleyball and ice cream. They boys and girls all washed up and got ready for bed.

As for (Y/n) she was having trouble sleeping due to the pain in her knee. 'Ugh this is annoying.'

She got up and quickly drank her medicine, the medicine was quick to react but (Y/n) was now wide awake.

She groaned and got up out of her futon, she walked outside of the dorm section and walked up the trail to the bench.

Before she could even sit, at the end of the trail stood Daichi and Saku, her arms laced around his neck, with her lips pressed against his.

(Y/n) didn't know what to say, she couldn't move nor breathe, at that moment she turned and walked away.

"(Y/n) wait!" Daichi yelled after her as she began to run away. 'Why am I so hurt I should be happy for them.' She thought as tear trained down her cheeks.

"Dammit (Y/n) where did you go?"

End