Chapter 14

Ben POV

We sat in the car in silence because we didn't want Erica to kill us. I was thinking about our relationship. I know she likes me somewhat because she blushed.

When I started to get deep into it Catherine told us we arrived. The guard let us in and we made our way to Cyrus's office. Cyrus let us in and said, "What information did you gather?"

"There is a building in Winchester that we were held captive in." 

"We will need to go investigate that building then."

Me, Erica, Cyrus, and Catherine hopped in the car and Cyrus officially added Catherine to the mission. Catherine smirked at me and Erica who were in the back seat but didn't do anything more that would make Cyrus suspicious.

"It's an 80-minute drive so rest and be ready for some action," said Cyrus

Erica put her head on my shoulder and I blushed red. I shifted her head down so Cyrus wouldn't see. 

Well, I didn't have to do that. 

A black car with no license plate pulled to our side and started shooting at us. I pulled out my pistol and fired at the back wheel but it didn't slow down the vehicle. I tried to fire at the driver but it was bulletproof glass.

Erica brought out a pistol of her own and ducked. I followed this. Catherine on the other hand had a shotgun and was shouting at Cyrus to speed up. I noticed an exit up ahead and grabbed the steering wheel and tried to push the car to the right. Cyrus realized my plan and grabbed the steering wheel. 

He swerved to the right and the car followed us. The driver seemed to realize what was happening and had to go down the exit. 

"We have to swap cars," I said 

Cyrus pulled up to the nearest building and hotwired a different car.

I started to reload my pistol and check for damage. I noticed a red stain by the right door and looked at Erica's right arm. There was an AR round in her arm. I gasped and scrambled to the first aid kit and took out a pair of tweezers, painkillers, and a rag. I gave her the painkillers and a rag to bite down on and when she tried to protest I gave her a glare.

Catherine's eyes widened as she saw the wound "ERIC-"

"I'm treating her," I said firmly but on the inside, I was concerned.

I used the tweezer to carefully bring out the AR bullet. I used a towel to clean the wound of blood and then I poured a little alcohol into the wound. She winced and bit down harder on the rag. I put a bandage soaked in alcohol over the wound.

"That's the best I can do for now." I said, "But relax your arm and don't use it too much."

"Thanks, kid," said Cyrus and Catherine at the same time, I heard concern in both of their voices and Catherine checked how I did on the wound. "Damn you did well!" said Catherine

I blushed with the praise and handed over the bullet. Catherine inspected the bullet.

"It's from an M16A2 assault rifle," she concluded, "that doesn't mean anything because you can buy it anywhere."

We were 13 minutes and 34 seconds away so I checked if Erica was doing alright. She noticed me checking and smiled in gratitude. When I looked away I felt Erica's hand slip in mine and I squeezed it. Catherine noticed it and smirked and Erica took her hand away and blushed.

When I took my hand up I realized Erica had slipped me a paper. 

***-***-****

Create a group chat

I pulled out my phone and created a group chat for the two of us.

"We are here, Erica and Ben you need to tell us which building it is," announced Cyrus.

"It's was on West Cecil St," I said "It's an abandoned warehouse building."

Cyrus parked the car nearby and we got ready to infiltrate the building.