The Aspertia City Gym

It's a simple summer day.  The wind gently carries leaves around our town as I hear my mother talk to professor Juniper on the phone.  I can't quite make out what she says, but she seems excited.  When I meet my mom, she asks if I want to have a Pokemon, which has an obvious answer.  Of course I do!  I doubt we'd be telling this story if I didn't.  She then asks if I know what a pokedex is and if I want one, which are both answered with a big yes.  Some girl named Bianca waits in town to meet me and give me those things.  She's Professor Juniper's assistant, who wears a big green hat.

I leave my house and am instantly accosted by my friend Hugh and his tiny sister.  Hugh is getting bored with being the only skilled person in town, so he's thrilled to hear that I'm getting my first Pokemon.  He then tells me I'm going to be his partner.  I didn't agree to this, but alright.  He sends his sister home and we go find Bianca.

Bianca is standing on the outlook which is Aspertia's most famous tourist spot.  I meet Bianca and she seems very nice.  Her hat is both big and green like I was told.  She asks me to complete the Pokedex and I, being the saint I am, say yes.  She then opens a case that contains three pokeballs.  I grab the one on my right and take Oshawott as my first Pokemon.  I give him a fitting name that really shows just how cute and powerful he is.

Tarst.

After getting my pokedex and Tarst, I head back to Hugh who wants to fight.  He starts asking me every question possible and Bianca gives him his own pokedex to shut him up.  I try to sneak away but Hugh quickly screams at me which I have learned means, "Battle me, you swine!"

He sends out his Snivy which he had raised from an egg.  I assume he picked Snivy because he was inspired by some super amazing trainer who had a Snivy named Snakemoji.

I send out Tarst who wins the fight without much trouble and learned that I can just tackle your enemies to the ground and win.

Hugh leaves and Bianca takes me to the pokemon center to heal Tarst.  She gives me pokeballs, which means my journey is almost completely started.  I leave and am greeted by my mom and Hugh's tiny sister.  Mom gives me shoes that allow me to take pleasure in running and having legs.  The tiny sister gives me two maps but I couldn't hear what she was saying since she has such a small and weak voice.

Bianca takes me to Route 19 and shows me how to catch a pokemon.  She leaves and my journey has officially begun.  I encounter a Purrloin at level 2.  He's a small and adorable cat so I catch him and name him after that nice lady with the green hat.  So it's just Tarst, Branca, and I against the cold ruthless world.

As I continue on the path, a voice calls out to me from above.  I look up and see man with hair like fire.  It's Alder, the previous Pokemon Champion!  He checks out Branca and says the he's a fine-looking Pokemon.  Thank you! 

 He then says that I'm, "not exactly a seasoned Trainer yet..." like, okay rude?  You can't just jump off a cliff, call my Pokemon handsome, and then insult me!  Oh, now you want me to follow you for training?  Okay, yeah sure.  I totally want to do that.

I walk into Floccesy Town and follow Alder to his house.  He tells me to go give my second map to Hugh who is on Route 20 and so I go do that.  I catch a Sewaddle there and name him Margaret.  He's "somewhat vain."  

I find Hugh in some farm and we battle.  He only had Snivy so Margaret and Branca were able to get us the win.  However, his snivy gave Branca a big scare by getting a critical hit and leaving him with only 2 HP.  It was very uncalled for.

I give him the map and he thanks me for it.  We then meet the ranch owners and the wife gives me a single potion.  One of their Herdiers disappeared and they said that they're a little worried about the entire situation.  Hugh, on the other hand, just flips out on them.

"You're a little worried?  Are you KIDDING me?!"  He says, "Your Pokemon might be lost forever!  Whatever!  I'll look!  Morgan!  Help out!"

Chill dude.  He the races off and everyone is just kinda left in confusion since normal people don't react like that.  I find the Herdier and this grunt from Team Plasma.  He throws a TM at me and then runs away, leaving the dog behind.  I return the dog and Hugh and I leave.

I return to Alder and he has be battle some kids as practice but they weren't a problem.  So, with Alder's challenges out of the way, it's finally time to head back to Aspertia City and challenge the gym.  However, on my way back, Alder jumps off the same cliff again to tell me something important.  He then tells me things I already knew...but he gave me oran berries so that's nice.

I get to the gym and meet Cheren, the gym leader.  He has me defeat his two students to see if I'm ready to battle him.  I defeat them without problems and now the battle is at hand.

Cheren has two pokemon and starts off the battle by sending out his Patrat.  I send out Margaret and Patrat starts using work up so I need to knock him out soon.  Margaret takes some damage but Bug Bites the Partrat to death.  Next is his Lillipup.  I send out Tarst and the Lillipup brings Tarst down to 3 HP which was not cool.  Tarst kills the dog and with that victory, we receive the Basic Badge.  One gym down and only seven more to go!