Chapter 18: Confess

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Olivia spotted me. She shrieked and ran towards me. I laughed and gave her a friendly hug. Oliver and James chased after her. They then realized that I was hugging her. Hah, stupid boys. Oliver and I exchanged hugs. Instead of hugging long enough like the usual, he gave me just a short one. He pulled away, making me dumbfounded. I noticed him glancing at Chris, who looked kinda unhappy. Okay, now I know why. I excused myself and went back to Chris.

"Are you okay?" I asked with full of concern. he looked at me with the same look he shared with Oliver. He then changed his expression. He smiled at me and hold both of my hands. But that smile doesn't match with his eyes. His eyes still darkened though.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"Don't lie to me. I can see it from your eyes." I said without thinking. He broke his smile. This time, his eyes softened.

"I'm worried, baby. I hope I can go to LA with you." Oh no, he used that word. The word that I always felt that I'm being compelled by him - baby. I just sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you too. Don't worry, I will skype with you late at night." I giggled. He smiled and hugged me tight, soothing my hair. I have a feeling that I will get homesick in LA because I'm going to miss this carebear so bad.

"Alright! Seniors from Mr. Kelvin class, please gather in front of me!" Mr. Kelvin shouted so that we could hear him. I pulled away the embrace. I gave Chris an assuring smile that everything is going to be alright. I then walked towards my form class, standing in front of Mr. Kelvin.

"All of my students here? Okay, fantastic! Please be with you partner so I can easily do a head count." With a blink, James was already beside me. He stood really close to me that our arms touched each other. I ignored him, waiting awkwardly with James for another instructions from Mr. Kelvin.

"Alright. All present. So, please say your last farewell to your family members and orderly queue in front of the boarding gate." Mr. Kelvin shooed us away so that we say goodbye. Unfortunately, James' parents unable to come because they are now in Chicago for business trip. So, he followed me walking towards Chris.

"I guessed this is goodbye." I said. I opened my arms so that Chris could hug me. Before he could be close to me, Angelica pushed him away and hugged me tight. I could hear her sobbing too. I laughed at her actions. She's so cute, also caring at the same time. She pulled away and wiped her tiny tears away.

"I'm gonna miss you!" She sobbed. I gave a rub on her back, giving her some courage.

"I'm gonna miss ya too." I replied. She hugged me again; tighter this time, making me hard to breathe. I looked at Chris, asking him to help me. He chuckled and pulled his mom away from me. She muttered a sorry and went towards Will.

I turned my attention towards Chris. This time, it's his turn to open his arms. I grinned and ran towards him, giving him a hug. I don't want to let him go. But I have to. I then heard him said something to James.

"You better take care of her. You can hold her hand, but hold her tight because you're taking care of my world. Promise that, James." Oh, my, god! Did he just say that I'm his world? Oh god, I'm gonna cry! Cry of happiness.

"I will. Come on, Mel. Our classmates are waiting." Suddenly, my eyes starts to become watery. These guys really care about me. I blinked and there. Tears rolling down my cheeks like rivulets. I pulled away from Chris. His eyes softened when he saw me crying.

Without warning, he kissed every single drop of my tears away. I froze. After that, he gave me a kiss. It's not just any kiss. It's a hungry yet sad kiss, showing that he's gonna miss me. He broke the kiss and smiled at me. I could feel someone hold my hand. Turned out to be James. I glanced at James. He gave a nod at Chris which Chris returned a nod too. Weird greetings.

I walked away from Chris, hand in hand with James. He hold my hand tightly, like what Chris said to him. I guessed he already kept his promise. I looked over my shoulder. Chris gave me a wave and also a smile that I had not seen it before. I could sense that smile is full of misery. I sighed and turned my focus away from Chris.

*Chris' POV*

Right now, I'm at the airport gallery where I could see the planes take off. I leaned myself against the cold handle which is make of metal. I have nothing to keep myself warm. My jacket was taken by Melissa, but I couldn't care less about it as I purposely want her to have at least a piece of clothing from me.

I waited for Melissa's flight to take off before I went home and get ready for work. Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I took it out and read my text which is from Melissa.

'I'm gonna miss you. Heh, just wait for me to return... My Romeo. <3'

I smiled to her cute text she sent me. I typed my text back to her, still smiling like a creepy person.

'Miss you too. Of course, I will wait for you. If I can, I might have a surprise for you. Just for you, my Juliet. :*'

Her reply text was fast though. It's like just 30 seconds away from my previous text I sent her.

'Hehe, I'm excited. Have to go, plane's gonna take off. Ttyl! :)'

I looked at her plane, taking off. I mouthed to myself, "I love you, Melissa." There, I said it. I say that three precious words. Suddenly, someone tap my shoulder, making me 'awake' from my daydreaming.

"Nice to see you here, Chris." Argh, that voice! That stupid voice that I really don't want hear. I ignored her and walked away from her. I heard her heels clicking against the polished floor. She continued to call out my name, making the other people around that area to gaze at her. Sick with her bullshit, I bellowed.

"What, Natalie? What the fuck do you want?" I stopped my tracks and stared angrily at Natalie. She also have an anger expression on her face. She cleared her throat and talked back at me, her own boss.

"Well, I thought we could have breakfast together, but because of your rudeness... Nevermind." She crossed her arms over her chest, purposely pulling her blouse downwards so that her cleavage can be seen more. I just rolled my eyes and continued to walk away.

She doesn't stopped there. She turned my back around to face her. I groaned and took a deep breath before talking.

"Please leave me alone, Natalie. By the way, what brings you here?" I stupidly asked that question. I mentally scolded myself but saying bad words multiple times.

"Well, my younger sister, Megan, also go to LA... Like your underaged wife." I furrowed my eyebrows. How dare she criticized my wife like that! I could feel my blood boiling inside me. Angrily, I yelled at her.

"No one called her that. I can get you fired if you gonna talk to her like that every time. So, think before you fucking say something." I turned my back at her and walked away, doesn't bother her calling and shouting my names a lot of times.

I always going to remind myself that I will always love Melissa, no matter what.

--------------------------------------------------
Hey! Another upload, but a short chapter. I'm so sorry. I was busy this past few days and today is my mom's birthday so I only managed to update slowly. So anyways, make sure y'all vote, comment and follow me! I promise, the next chapter is gonna be long.

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)