Chapter Two

I pull the thin Muggle jacket tighter around me. I shiver at the cold wind; it's far too cold for summer.

        I glance around me warily, watching as the last boy picks his bike up off the ground and pedals away.

        I'm alone. Good. It's around dinnertime, so everyone else has left the park already to go back to their homes or the orphanage, my orphanage, across the street. Well, everyone except me. I'll scrounge something from the cabinet later.

        Crack. One second I'm alone, and the next Lily's Apparated next to me, her fiery red hair blowing around her in the wind.

"Bria!" She cries, throwing her arms around me.

"Hey." I reply, pulling back with a shiver.

"Sorry I haven't been able to see you the past two weeks." She says with a frown. "James was keeping me busy."

"It's fine." I shrug, sitting down on the wooden bench behind me.

Lily sits next to me. "No, it's not. I should be here more."

I know exactly what she's thinking. "You're not ending it with James."

She protests. "But-"

"No. You're finally together, you can't end it now. And if you do, who's going to tell me what's going on with..." I bite my lip. Remus. "With them?"

"But-"

"No buts."

"Ugh!" Lily grunts. "Fine, whatever."

I smile a bit. "Thank you."

--A/N--

Hey, at least I updated. Working on a new, longer chapter now!