Lyra imagined Umbridge turning into a balloon and flying away, maybe to Australia or all the way to America. She was finding it hard to concentrate when she had other things on her mind. And the class was kind of boring. She allowed no flexibility within the classroom. 

When the bell rang, she packed up her things and scurried out of the classroom before Umbridge could attempt to hold her back for an insufferable lesson on manners, as she caught Lyra roll her eyes at the mention of not having to worry about Inferiuses, like what if you are an Auror? Won't they have to worry about them?

"Malfoy," Seamus Finnigan growled at her as he passed by her along with Dean Thomas. Lyra was taken back, they must have known she had joined and they looked very unhappy about it. They stared daggers into her. 

"Hi?" She replied awkwardly, unable to figure out the right way to respond and wanting to sound friendly and not a threat. They carried on, clearly still upset. She knew this wouldn't be a fun class if this was how they would act, but what else did she expect? That they would magically accept her? Hell no. 

She sat in the back library with Katie and Alicia, both girls reading up for Harry's lesson in a few days. They seemed giddy with excitement. But Lyra felt a put in her stomach grow. 

"They are going to hate me." She stated wearily. 

"They don't know you." Katie replied. 

"Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas don't seem happy I'm joining." She closed her book and rested her chin into the palm of her hand. 

"Are you seriously giving up because two boys are unahppy? Lyra you spent a month preparing a truth serum to join." Katie scoffed. 

"Yeah, and look how well that planned out." She muttered bitterly. 

"It did, you're joining DA." Alicia shrugged. "Oh, you're still stressing over George. Lyra, he probably forgot about it. We know him, he's a good bloke, he isn't going to harass you. I literally rejected him, and we are just fine." 

That made Lyra's heart sink. Yes, he did ask Alicia to the ball the year prior and now she felt even more sad and hurt. She should move to a new country and change her name. Maybe change her name to Heather Greene or Mary Steamroller, something subtle. 

"He's a stupid boy. He has no awareness of anything around him. He can't read signs and he is utterly thick." Katie added, watching Lyra's face fall. "If he doesn't like you, he's an idiot." Alicia nodded her head in agreement, realizing what she said made her friend feel even worse. 

"She's right." Alicia spoke up. "An utter idiot. You are so attractive and smart and nice. His loss, honestly." 

"Thanks," Lyra gave them a small smile. "Yeah, his loss."

His loss. 

She had that attitude until when the day rolled around, then all of the sudden  she was at square one and was riddled with severe anxiety. How can she face him after such an embarrassing moment? It was unapproachable. She'll just continue to ignore him. That was the plan. It must work. 

When she entered the room of requirements, she was greeted with a large room with mirrors lining the walls. She saw all the others laughing and chatting away, all of it ceased when they saw her. They didn't even look at Katie or Alicia who were by her side. 

Harry Potter gave her an awkward smile. Before he could greet her, Padma Patil spoke up. "What is she doing here?" The Ravenclaw looked to her sister who shared the same fire in her eyes. 

Harry took a step forward to face his peers. "Malfoy is joining us." He stated awkwardly. "George, Katie and Alicia all vouch for her. She wants to learn, so we let her." He glanced at the girl. "Here, we give everyone the chance to learn." Lyra glanced at George as he was already looking at her. She quickly looked at her shoes. "So today, let's try producing a Patronus. I'm not expecting you get it on your first try. I'm expecting many classes of you unable to produce one." Harry started explaining that it fends off dementors and that it can be used as a messenger. Dark wizards can't produce one, it could be fatal for them. They are produced by a happy memory or thought.