Connected

"Alex?" Kara looked back to her sister in the corner of the room, "Do you think brainy could check on her? I mean he did it with me when I was in a coma."

    "I guess we could ask." Alex turned towards Nia, who was sitting in the corner. "Nia, can you go find brainy?" Kara never left, and as long as Kara was there, Alex was there, but Nia, Brainy, and J'onn came and went. They took turns, so that at least two of them were at the Tower at all times, working hard on trying to find Lex, or Al Henley. Kara just wanted to punch them both, really, really hard

     "Yeah, I mean I can call him, I think he's at the Tower with J'onn." Nia got up and left the room, leaving Alex and Kara alone with Lena.

     "Alex, I love her." Kara admitted, almost so soft Alex couldn't hear her. She never sat up and looked at her sister, she just held onto Lena's hand.

     "I know you love her, she's your best friend." Alex deadpanned.

     "No, no it's more than that." Kara tried to explain, but she was almost afraid to say the words.

     "Do you mean--"

     "Yes." Kara stared at the woman in front of her, lying there helplessly. Even all broken and bruised, she was the most gorgeous woman she had ever laid eyes on. She refused to let go of her hand, wishing the women she loved would wake up. Kara looked over the rim of her glasses to examine Lena's broken body. She could see all the pins and plates keeping her legs together, and the hole in the back of her skull. She hated the fact that there was nothing she could do, and she even hated that she had x-ray vision, and she could see every fracture and every pin.

     "Do you know if they've made any progress tracking Lex at the Tower?" Kara tried to distract herself.

     "No, not since I last heard from them. But you don't seriously think that I can just gloss over what you just said, do you?"

     "No, I'm not sure why I'm surprised." She knew her sister better than that, but she hadn't wanted to get into it.

     "Kara are you sure? You've always liked men, ever since I've known you."

     "Well, I mean so did you. And I think I still do, but she's different, she's better. If there wasn't a tube down her throat, I would be kissing her right now. I don't think I have ever looked at anyone the way I'm looking at her now."

     "Kara I need to prepare you. The damage to her occipital lobe seems severe. She will almost certainly wake up with visual deficits. Kara, she could be blind. She might be able to recover some, if not all of her vision, but you have to be prepared. Lena will have a hard time coping with the damage, she's not used to needing help and soon she's going to need help with everything now." Alex finally said the thing she never wanted to hear, "What if Lena doesn't love you like that?"

     "Well let's not get that far ahead of ourselves." Kara knew Alex might be right, but it didn't matter if Lena wasn't awake.

     All of a sudden J'onn and Brainy came through the door.

     "Wow you guys got here fast." Kara observed.

      "Yes, Dreamer told me that you wanted my help, so I asked J'onn if he would fly me here. I did bring everything necessary to enter Lena's mind palace. I can't promise that I will be able to bring her out of it, but I can at least check on her for you."

      "I'll keep watch, while brainy does his thing" J'onn left the room. Brainy attached the device to her forehead.

    "It's not a thing," Brainy argued, "It's using a neural network and a particular device to connect to Lena's own neural network."

   "I don't care what it's called," Alex said, "just do it already." 

     No one else had noticed that anything was amiss, but then Brainy said, "Well Kara, Lena definitely likes you back." He had entered the mind palace, splitting his brain so he could be in two places at once.