In a confident tone, the blonde girl said: "Please let me join your party-"

"No."

And what happened after that, Y/N thought that he would need some time to properly understand what happened next. In stark contrast to how any sane human would assume the woman would react, maybe a expression of hurt pride or saying something that would tempt renegotiation, but instead this woman fell backwards as if a blade of pleasure had struck her deep inside. Little sparks of redness painted her cheeks as little beads of sweat materialised in contrast to her pale skin. "Such a snap decision..." she muttered in enjoyment.

At that moment a sort of queer horror had overtaken his feelings. However he tried hard to prevent any external manifestation of it, rather he allowed to flourish internally, but it was inevitable that bits of that horror escaped into physical manifestation in the form of twitches of his eyebrow or slightly widening his eyes.

"That won't do, Darkness," the other girl said, stepping forward to pat her hand lightly on the shoulder of the blonde she referred to as 'Darkness'. "You can't be so pushy."

"This is all very entertaining to watch and all," Anna began suddenly, traces of amusement laced her voice. "But I think it would be appropriate if we were told what exactly is going on here."

The girl turned towards Anna's direction to adopt a confident pose. She introduced herself as Chris and claimed she was a thief. "This girl is my friend, I guess?" she said with a wry smile. Her voice was kind and light, something that stood out against the profession she had confessed to adopting. However, despite her initial demeanor, there was a small nest of doubt within Y/N's heart: was she competent? If so, perhaps she would be someone worth investing time to build a friendship with.

"Anyways, both of you seem to be new adventurers," Chris said to the duo. "How would you two like to learn some thief skills?"

"Huh?

"They take a few points to learn, so they are well worth-it," she continued. "I'm sure it would come in handy. How about it?"

Anna turned to face Y/N. "Can I?" her eyes seemed to plead, her desire to learnt the skill was probably a result of the wild showings of power she had witnessed yesterday by both Magumin and Aqua (even if they weren't particularly effective at completing the task at hand). With a sigh, he waved his hand in approval: this caused her eyes to sparkle before she turned back to give Chris an affirmative answer.

"Wonderful!" Chris exclaimed. "Since you took up my offer so quickly, I'll teach you the skill for the price of a drink!"

"Deal!"

Timeskip- Outside in an alley

The ocean blue sky above was littered with a few spots of ghastly clouds that provided much needed limiters to the sun rays that came crashing down from the heavens above. The buildings on both his left and right were illuminated brightly and fully, as were the barrels, miscellaneous planks, and trees. Shadow and darkness were forced into their hiding places in the cavities of building-architecture and other areas that turned away from the light. The four of them stood: three on one-side opposed by two on the other. Y/N with Anna, Darkness with Chris, anticipation ran unchecked throughout their hearts.

The clothes suspended above them by a thin wire blew lightly as a soft breeze teased him from the back. He was rather curious in the context of the whole ordeal, mainly how it related to how exactly Chris was going to teach Anna the 'thief skill'. After all, if you wanted to learn anything and be good at it, a sizable portion of time and money had to be sent down the drain. Maybe if it was a more criminally-related skill, you would pay with taking risk for practice, maybe an occasional arrest by the police here and there, of the art. At least that was how it would work back in the old world which, if he had learnt anything, this would was not obliged to follow. Besides, even without contextual hints, it was blatantly obvious to him that Anna wouldn't be learning how to steal in anyway that Y/N would recognise, as it didn't make sense why such a complicated art would be on the learning-market for so cheap a price. And it wasn't just the suspicious cheap-ness of the class, it was also that he doubted Chris would spend a good portion of the next year or so ensuring she became a competent criminal without any obvious advantage to herself.