Chapter Three

Roxannes Pov:

I'm staring at myself in the mirror internally freaking out because I don't know what to wear to Demis house, I know she said it'd be a relaxing day but I still want to look at least presentable. I had already showered and put concealer on my face where it was needed, along with some mascara, nothing drastic at all, just a natural look will do for today, and of course chap stick to moisturize my lips just in case Demi made a move again.

After I was done situating my face, I got up from my make up table and walked over to my closet holding my arm around my towel, careful not to let it drop. I sighed as I frantically sured for comfy clothes, I finally came across a three quarter sleeve blank and white baseball tee, and grey joggers. I threw them on the bed as I made my way to my dresser to get a bra and a pair of underwear, quickly putting them on.

30 minutes later, I was all dressed and my hair was blow dried and straightened, I made my way down the stairs and saw my mom in the kitchen making some lunch, I ran up behind her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Bye mom, i'm going to hang out with Demi for the day!" I went to turn around but my mom stopped me.

"Demi? As in the girl you work with that you always gush over?" she smirked at me. Nice.

My mother was completely supportive of my sexual orientation, when I had come out to her she told me that she still loves and supports me no matter who I ended up being with, that's what I loved most about her. She was so understanding. We got along well with each other.

"Yes mom, that's her" I blushed and looked at the clock, it was 1:50. "But I have to go now because I told her i'd be there by 2:00, so can I borrow your car?" I urged with a smile on my face.

"Of course sweetheart, just be safe! I love you" she replied then turned back to making whatever it is that she was making.

"Love you too, bye!" and with that, I was out the door and in the car driving to Demi's house.

I were super nervous because we'd both be completely alone at her house for the whole day, I remembered her telling me that she had lived on her own for about 6 months when we had went out for coffee last week. I turned on the radio in hopes to calm my nerves a bit, it was barely audible so I turned up the volume and relaxed against the car seat as I continued to drive. I slowed down at an intersection as the traffic light turned red, I reached for my phone in my bag and quickly sent Demi a text telling her I had left and that i'd be over in a few minutes. The light turned green signalling for me to start driving, I stepped on the gas pedal and continued on my way.

I pulled into Demi's driveway and turned my car off, I looked out the window to see that she had a decently sized house. I leaned back in my seat and tried to calm my breathing, my heart was thumping out of my chest. I grabbed my purse and placed it on my lap rummaging through it to find my compact mirror, I opened it and looked at myself. God damn I looked terrified, I reached for my chap stick and quickly reapplied some before putting it back in my purse along with my mirror, zipping up my purse and hooking my forearm under it.

I got out of the car and locked it. Checking out my reflection in the car window, fixing my hair one last time before heading to her front door. I closed my eyes and took one last breath as I brought my fist up to the door and knocked three times, I stepped back and patiently waited. I heard footsteps approaching and a muffled "Be right there!" my heart started to beat rapidly again. The door opened and there stood Demi in just a towel, her hair was wet indicating that she had just got out of the shower, her shoulders glistening with water droplets, and her legs looked so smooth, my jaw dropped to the floor as I blankly stared at her.

My gaze travelled back up her body to meet her eyes, her eyebrow was kinked and she wore a slight smirk on her lips.

"Are you coming in, or are you going to just stand there and stare at me?" she chuckled before opening the door wider and moving over to let you in.