"Oh! And guess what tomorrow is!" She clasps her hands together, waiting for Jackson to (hopefully) guess correctly.

The man in return decided to feign obliviousness. He tilts his head and taps his chin in concentration, his eyes wandering away from Y/n's eyes.

"I wonder what it is. Isn't it a regular Saturday?"

Y/n felt her jaw drop, her heart slightly quivering in disappointment. The shiny glint in her eyes went away in a jiff.

She feels his warm hands cup her cheeks, a low chuckle leaving his own lips before a mischievous look took over his face.

"I'm kidding, sweetheart. How could I possibly forget about your birthday?"

••••••

Finally, the clock struck midnight. The couple had been spending the night watching a series of random movies, snacks eaten here and there, and the occasional talks coming in every once in a while.

"Babe, it's midnight and you know what that means." Jackson says and pulls away from Y/n's warm body. The girl grins and nods.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart. Let's spend the day together and make it the best day of your life." He says and kisses her once before pulling away. Y/n pouts, secretly wanting another kiss from her boyfriend but she could be greedy later.

"Wait here for a second. I'm going to get something." She nods and patiently waits for her boyfriend to come back. As the seconds ticked by, her heart raced in anticipation, her lips being trapped between her teeth to prevent the silly grin from appearing on her face.

I wonder what this year's present is. His are always full of surprises!

If there was one thing she loved was the hard work and dedication Jackson took to find her gift. Some would just hand their beloved ones a box of chocolates and a bear and called it a day but Jackson always managed to avoid that by getting her presents that were to her liking.

She loved that he was someone who took into consideration what people liked because in all honesty, it is a bit upsetting getting someone the same present every single year.

"Close your eyes for me and do not peek no matter what, okay?" Jackson says, holding the box behind his back and taking slow, steady steps. Y/n nods and quickly shuts and covers her eyes, her heart racing with ever closer step.

"It took me quite a while to find this for you so I'm hoping you'll love it. You can open your eyes now," he gently says. Y/n complies and opens them to see a box in front of her face with a porcelain doll in it.

She gasps and quickly takes the box, admiring the beauty in a doll before her. She was beyond shock for multiple reasons.

It was a very rare doll, only two lingering in the world. The doll was hard to obtain and wasn't as affordable as other dolls. To make it even more interesting, it was the closest to human-like features doll she had ever seen in her life.

"Wah, this is very beautiful! Thank you!" She places the box down and jumps, wrapping her limbs around Jackson and giving him a tight hug, pepper kissing his face, each filled with endless love.

The man was definitely happy that she loved his gift. He would do anything to see her smile like that every single day.

"It's getting late. Let's head to bed now and we can continue your celebration later." He says and begins to clean the small mess left in the living room. Y/n hums, "I'll meet you in the bedroom in a few minutes. I'm going to put the doll away."