——

Amiyah got to the restaurant and Bianca was sitting at their table.

Bianca was a light brown skinned woman. She was the same age as Amiyah, which was 24. Bianca always kept herself up so she was always dolled up in as Amiyah liked to say it. She was a perfectionist no matter what. She liked to be on time for everything. It was nothing wrong with that and thats one of the things that Amiyah liked about her the most.

BIANCA WILLIAMS
AGE 24

"It's about time", Bianca said

Amiyah sat down. "What? I was only like 5 minutes late", Amiyah said.

"I ordered you water", Bianca said.

"Thanks", Amiyah said. "I hope this place is as good as everybody says and from how booked this place is"

"And the price", Bianca added as she looked through the menu.

Amiyah picked up the menu and looked at it too.

"These people crazy as hell", Amiyah mumbled. "50 dollars for something I can make for 20?"

Bianca laughed.

Amiyah put the menu down.

Bianca stopped laughing and started smiling. "You not going to order?", she asked.

"Yea, I know what I want", Amiyah said.

"What you getting?", Bianca asked. "Because I don't know what I want"

"Whatever's the cheapest", Amiyah said as the waitress put their drinks down.

"What? Bread?", Bianca asked.

"No, baby. This water", Amiyah said as she picked up the glass of water and sipping it afterward.

Bianca started laughing. "Girl, you are a trip", she said.

The waitress smiled. "Are the both of you ready to order?", she asked.

"Just a moment", Bianca said. "I'm still looking"

"Take your time. I'll be back in a few minutes", she replied with a smile before walking away.

"So, how was your date last night", Amiyah said.

"Girl. The worst. I mean I don't get it. What's wrong with the black men not wanting a higher education or just making more of themselves. And I mean actions and not just talking about it", Bianca said.

"That's true but Bianca sometimes it's just about what's within", Amiyah said.

"When I have ambitions as big as mine and I cost as much as I do, I'm going to need somebody who makes the same as me or higher. And then when kids come into the picture, they are no cheap", Bianca said.