" an ass "

" I'll show you an ass " he says and the car speeds up like crazy.

" Brandon we're going to crash slow down " I say worried but he continues on and turns to look at me.

" since I'm such an ass I'm not slowing down " he says looking at me and not at the road.

I feel my heart beating and my throat becoming dry.

" please " I plead one last time and the amusement in his eyes was gone and now replaced with worry. He instantly slow down.

" I'm sorry " he says and the car comes back to a normal pace.

" the last time I was in a car driving this fast I was behind the wheel and I killed my best friend " I say looking out the window.

" I'm sorry Casey I didn't know "

" it's fine " I say and the car goes silent for a couple of minutes.

" you didn't kill her, and I don't think she would blame you for her death either "

" I know she won't but the fact is I was the one driving fast and I was the one who survived "

" people make mistakes, and it was a mistake "

" maybe, i don't know " I sigh and stare at the dimly lit street.

" not maybe, of course " I feel him look at me but I don't stray my sight from the empty road ahead of me. " good people make mistakes and whatever the consequences of those mistakes are doesn't change the fact that they are good people "

I don't say anything and a few minutes in we're parked in front of a mansion. I wish the ride lasted longer because for some reason driving down an empty road has to be one of the best feelings in the world. He exists and opens the door for me and he unlocks his door and we walk in.

In the silence my stomach makes a loud growling sound which he hears.

" hungry ? " he asks.

" starving "

We make our way to his kitchen and he starts preparing food while I lay down on the couch across the kitchen.

Finally comfort after a long chaotic day.

He finishes and comes over and hands me some Mac and cheese and a Nutella sandwich. I dive in immediately.

" so where did we go wrong " he asks.

" The day of the club, you were rude, dismissive, and called me a child "

" you are a child " he says and I feel my blood boil again.

" I am a legal adult "

" by a year "

" doesn't change the fact that I'm a legal adult "

" but you're still in high school "

" Brandon I don't need to convince you of the fact that I'm an adult, not only can the law tell you but I've also been through a hell of a lot and I won't have you try to take my growth and maturity away from me by calling me a child " I tell him, anger lacing my tone.