Chapter Eleven (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Fuck, I just wanted her, body and soul, in every single conceivable way.

But, that wasn't going to happen, not anymore. It was too late, and she'd made her decision. If this was another world where my job wasn't a pro football player, maybe I'd help her on her quest for vengeance, but it was too dangerous, and as much as I loved her, I couldn't destroy my entire career for her, because in doing so, I'd be destroying myself, and then Lydia wouldn't have someone to love back.

No, we were stuck in a never-ending cycle of torturing each other with our distance, at least I was...I didn't know if she loved me in the way I loved her.

We'd only really been 'together' for one night, but every stolen touch, kiss, caress...I'd committed it all to memory, and my memory was torturing me every second of the day, especially when there was a girl in her spot in my life, and I'd be dreaming about her until the day she took that rightful spot that belonged to her the second I'd accidentally crawled into bed with her the first night.

I'd committed it all to memory, and my memory was torturing me every second of the day, especially when there was a girl in her spot in my life, and I'd be dreaming about her until the day she took that rightful spot that belonged to her the secon...

My name was being mentioned online again, but this time it was because of my previous affiliation with Emmett. The articles only mentioned that I was an 'unverified' girl in Emmett's life, and probably wasn't anyone worth noting but there was my name anyways.

I noticed a good uptick in followers on my socials, though I wasn't sure I ever wanted them anyway. Probably time to turn it all private.

It was Monday morning and I had another episode where my heart felt as if it were about to literally knock me on my ass, but it only happened as I was particularly exerting myself during my yoga or weight training workout.

I had to sit for a few seconds to get the breath that had just been knocked out of me and while the powerful beats had kicked in my chest only a few times, it still felt as if it had taken almost everything out of me.

I felt the familiar tingle of anxiety crawl down my spine so I made a mental note to make a doctor's appointment about my irregular heart activity before the day was over.

It was officially time to go to Professor Walsh's class and see what she said before we owned up to what we did. If we didn't get credit for actually catching the original suspect then Malcolm would throw a fit but I needed him to keep my secret.

We could thinly veil the truth, saying that we'd spotted someone taking advantage of a girl outside of the bar after we got the video footage from the attack in question and it just so happened that this criminal was the real suspect in our case.

I just needed to make sure Malcolm was okay with lying to our teacher. If anyone found out about my vigilante ways, I would probably be kicked out of school, especially if I escalated my ways.

I only scoped out the bars for predators and called the cops to stop them, but they were getting more aggressive the more times I caught them in the act.