Chapter Ten (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I elbowed Malcolm in the ribs and watched their encounter with great interest. I knew scar face had seen me and his irritation was boiling just below the surface, but I didn't care. I wasn't going to let him hurt another girl, not this time.

"Alright here we go, October 31st, the exact time stamp you need. I even fast forwarded it so that when you go to watch it, it starts right there."

James handed me the CD in his hand cocooned in an orange sleeve and I thanked him profusely as I watched out of the corner of my eye scar face taking the girl out of the bar with his hand on her elbow. I shot him an evil glare and at James' request if we wanted something to drink I politely turned it down, but it seemed like he knew I was going to say that.

"Well, whatcha waiting for?"

I eyed the older bartender with a new eye, fully aware that he knew why I frequented his bar almost every night.

I threw him a knowing smirk and tore out of the building like it was on fire. I didn't have my baton on me, but since I had my sheathed knife strapped to the inside of my thigh, and that would have to be enough, that and my pepper spray tucked in my purse.

I carefully deposited the security tape in my purse and felt around for the pepper spray and followed scar face outside where all hell broke loose.

He had the girl by the neck and was about to shove her into his awaiting car.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

I didn't even know the words were out of my throat until I'd spoken them. My lungs were working double time to keep my breathing even, and I was aware that Malcolm was looking at me like I was insane, clearly having no idea what the hell was going on.

"You again? You should know when to leave well enough alone, little girl. Now is one of those times."

"I don't think so. Let the girl go, the cops are already on their way."

"Oh yeah, just like the last time? Can you save this one like you tried with my other girls?"

"Lydia, what is this creep talking about? What last time?"

I turned to Malcolm and was about to attempt to explain when scar face beat me to it.

"Oh she didn't tell you? That's cute. She's been staking out my bar for months trying to catch me again, and the one time I think she's not coming in and I make my move and there she is again. Don't you have better things to do, like that guy beside you? I bet you two have lots of fun together."

"Shut the fuck up. You're going to jail, and you're going to let that girl go, right now."

"Or what? You'll beat me with that stick you bring with you? Or is it time for the gun this time? I see it strapped to your thigh some nights, it's really fucking sexy, or it would be if you weren't planning on pointing it at me."

I breathed a sigh of relief when the sirens finally made their appearance.

"Two choices. Run and get caught, or stay here and get caught. Your choice."

Scar face looked unnaturally comedic as he looked between the two of us and the girl who had gone completely limp in his arms.

She was beautiful, blonde hair and long striking legs. She had a heart shaped face and a young, innocent look to her. She would stay innocent if I had any say about it. She didn't deserve to be tainted in the world by scum like him.

He made his decision. He threw her against the brick wall behind him, much like he did to the first girl, but this time I was here.

"NO!"