Chapter 5

Obito POV:

I sit up as stretch. Immediately regretting my action, I wince in pain. I groan as I remember last night's events. Minato-sensei walks in.

"Ah you are awake"

I greet him with a smile. He is wearing a pink apron while carrying a tray of food. The content of which is is a blue bowl of warm porridge and a tall glass of juice. He sets the tray on my lap and sits on a chair. He then leaves and comes back with more clothes

"I don't know if you should come to training. Do you want to?"

I nod my head vigorously. He laughs and pats my head.

"Alright but it will be light for you"

Kakashi POV:

I look over Rin's shoulder and see Minato-Sensei helping a bandaged up Obito who was wearing different clothes than normal. It was a white anorak jacket, a fishnet top and baggy black pants. He looks way better like this...except without the bandages. What happened?

"Obito?!? What happened?"

Rin rushed over and grabbed Obito's hand. He just smiled but said nothing.  Minato-Sensei looked at Obito and reassuringly smiled at him. Rin held his hand with a worried look painted on her face.

"I'm fine"

He gave her his signature goofy smile. But is it what he genuinely expresses?

I sweat as I dodge yet another barge fo punches from sensei. We are sparring. Usually, it is me and Obito but since he can't participate thoroughly for some reason unknown to Rin and me. I plant a kick on his back but before it connects, he is behind me. I collide roughly with the ground.

"That ends training for today. Good job everyone!"

Sensei helps me up and ruffles my hair. I see Rin pulling Obito up.

"Obito~ Can I see your injuries? I'm a medical ninja so I can heal them~"

Obito hesitates.

Wow. I never thought I'd ever see Obito hesitate about letting Rin heal him. What exactly happened to make him this reluctant?

"Fine..."

He pouts as she gingerly extracts the bandages from his face. The warm green chakra erases the cuts, one by one.

"Ne Obito. These look like wounds from a glass item"

He looks down as his feet.

"Where are the rest?"

He shyly tugs the to of his shirt down, revealing a skillfully stitched up gash under his right shoulder. No wonder sensei didn't make him fight. Rin healed that too. Obito then sat down and took off his shoes. He unbandages his feet, revealing many deep cuts. Most likely from standing on glass.

"You are lucky none of them touched your nerves. If your nervous system is damaged you can say goodbye to being Hokage."

Obito gulped. After he put his shoes back on rin grabbed his hands firmly.

"What happened?"

Tears formed in his eyes. He averted his gaze unto the ground and inhaled.

"...My father...he...threw...glass bottles at me...the reason being...me...not having...the Sharingan...I am a disgrace...to the Uchiha..."

Rin threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"That is a lie. You are strong and persevering! You will grow up and one day be the strongest Uchiha ever. Maybe even the strongest Shinobi. I believe in you. Don't listen to him"

I watched them awkwardly. I don't know what to say. I am socially awkward.

"uh yeah, you are strong"

They both look at me and then burst out laughing. What did I do?