Chapter 4

Obito POV:

I dodge the glass bottle that my father hurled at me. The shattering glass echoed in the night. Tears brimmed in my eyes.

"You are a disgrace to the Uchiha. You can't activate the Sharingan! You are taking extra classes with Ai!"

Another glass bottle is thrown at a much faster pace. I get ready to dodge but by mistake, I step on the shattered glass from the previous bottle. I wince and then scream as the flying bottle collides with my face. The glass thankfully didn't get into my eyes but only pierced the skin on my cheeks. There was a big shard under my right shoulder. Crimson startled flowing from it.

Minato POV:

I rub my eyes. As I leave the warmth of my bed to answer the door. Who could be there at this ungodly hour?

I gasp as I see a crying boy. He is only wearing pants.

There was glass lodged into his skin everywhere.

"M-Minato-Sensei"

My eyes widen as I realize it is Obito.

 I carry him bridal style to my bathroom as shut the door with my foot. Kushina woke up from the noise and came to see what was going on.

"Obito! What happened?!?!"

Obito's hands were clenched around my arms as I gently removed the glass from his face. Eventually, he regained the strength to talk.

"M-my D-d-dad. He s-said I was a d-d-disappointment t-to the U-Uchiha. H-he t-t-threw a g-glass b-bottle at m-me"

I knew Obito was looked down on by his clan due to him not awakening his Sharingan but I never knew it was this bad! The Hokage can't do anything about because of the gradual growing tension.

I wash his face of the blood and bandage up the wounds. I carefully take out the big shard under his shoulder and feel his grip on my arm get tighter. This one looks deep...He winces I dab at it with antiseptic and clean the cut.

"Sorry Obito"

He smiles weakly at me but says nothing.

 Kushina brings her sewing kit and gently stitches it shut with precision. Obito bit his lip and shut his eyes tight. We tend to multiple cuts across his chest.

I look down and notice blood coming from his feet. I lift a foot and see glass stuck everywhere on the bottom. How did he manage to walk here! We don't live close at all! 

I pull out the glass with tweezers. They were lodged in deep from his walking. He groans and squeezes Kushina's hands.

"It's alright Obito. Bare the pain for a while. it will be over soon~" She soothes.

After I clean and bandage his feet I wash my blood-stained hands. I give him my old clothes from when I was his age. I would have said he looked adorable if he wasn't covered with bandages. I carry him to the spare bedroom.

"You can stay the night. My room is the third one on the left. Call me if you need anything"