15 - Leaving

Colby
I walked into the bathroom and sat on the side of the bath, I held Becky's hair back. After a moment she threw her head back and leant on the wall, her eyes have got bags under them and she looks like death warmed up.

"I'm so sorry, Colby I'm a mess..."

I just looked at her, I don't know how I feel or what to say to make her feel better.

"I know I'm a bad mother, I know. But you're no saint either!"

"Becky please..."

"You're looking down at me, thinking I'm a bad mother but you! You can't say anything, you left me and our children alone! You were not there for Hope or Seth or ME!"

"That's enough!"

"No, you can't tell me what to do? You cheated on me! You made me into this monster...this is all YOUR fault."

"I didn't know about because YOU didn't tell me, I couldn't be here because of YOU. This is not my fault Becky, yes I made mistakes but you're making even more! We got a son upstairs and I don't think you can look after him, he should be living with me."

"How dare you? He's more my son than he ever will be yours!"

"I'm taking him and we're leaving."

I walked out of the room and heard Becky screaming behind me, I know how much she's hurting but she can't do this.

"You stop right now!"

I walked over to the stairs and Becky grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Becky I'm doing what's best for everyone, you don't love me and you have too much on your mind to care for Seth I get it."

"You can't make choices for me! I can look after Seth and I do..."

"Becky, please. I'm trying to help you here..."

"You're not helping me, you're hurting me."

Her eyes filled with tears and she walked off towards the kitchen, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. She grabbed the bottle off the counter and took a swig, I can't leave her like this. I walk into the kitchen and take the bottle out of her hands.

"Just go, you've already said that you want Seth."

"I'm not leaving you like this, just calm down."

"Please Colby, I need some space from you...just take Seth and go."

"Don't make me repeat myself woman, I'm staying here with you but let me just go and sort Seth out. You stay here, I'll be right back."

I ran upstairs and into Seth's rooms, he was sat on the edge of his bed crying.

"Hey little one, you doing okay?"

"What's wrong with Momma?"

"Momma is okay, but she's hurting. Losing your little sister has done some damage, she does need some time but things will be better. She's asked me to give you a kiss and put on your favourite movie."

"Okay! Give momma a kiss back."

I leant forward and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"So what's your favourite again? Star Wars, or Snow White?"

"Star Wars silly."

I got up and put Star Wars into the DVD player.

"I'll see you in a while, bye bye buddy."

"Bye Daddy."

I walked back downstairs and Becky was nowhere to be found.

"Becky?"

Silence. I walk into the kitchen and see a note, no please Becky don't do this to me. I pick it off the counter and start to read the note.

Colby Lopez,
                     I'm so sorry, I'm a mess and I can't be around here anymore. I just need some time away and I hope you understand. You cheated on me and it broke me, but I still love you. I could never not but I'm trouble, I'm a mess. I can become such a horrible person and Seth deserves a good mother, he needs his dad and he can't have his dad while I'm around we both know that. Please understand that I need time, for my wounds to heal. So do you and neither of us can do that around each other, goodbye Colby Lopez,
                                                                   Becky x

A/N: Oi Oi, the chapters will be shorter but yeah this book is coming to the end! So as always hope you enjoyed, I'll see you soon x