𝙋𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙚 09 ⚣ 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬

Start from the beginning

W-What a bitch!?

Taehyung wandered his head around and flirt as if nothing was wrong, sending a tight smile here and there and nodding sheepishly at a waitress who stupidly stared at him for too long.

"...you seem to be having fun." Finally! Jungkook piloted the undying crisis, it almost felt like the Songdo-dong city itself was holding its breath back for them to commute; the grandfather-clock decorated in the corner of the restaurant even felt as though it timidly ticked.

"What? Uh...yeah. Love what they've done with the place, smells like cheese, and pizza, I guess." Taehyung chitter-chattered, effortlessly so that even his unheard-of-lisp activated.

Ever since they've arrived, ever since whatever was fermented to happen back at the office, he hadn't met with Jungkook's eyes once, too busy fiddling with the chipped bits of his fingernails, it seems.

God damn it, Taehyung! Aide Jungkook out on this, the man was never at all a "friend material"! Jungkook couldn't recall the last time he conversant humanly and ordinarily with someone other than his lover and older brother and his lover.

Oh, and a shit ton of business partners or guests within all sorts of fields, all in which Jungkook had handled in a highly persuasive and apathetic way, learning to emote his everyday life by business-like vocabularies, a "persona", per se. That was a total of his adulthood in the entrepreneurship industry. Kind of sad.

It's not that Jungkook was anxious, or uncertain about where this exchange was heading, to Jungkook, these were the definition of "conversation" in his perspective, not even aware of its awkwardness. It's sad, yes, yes, but what can you do? He had lived his life preparing for this occupation, ever since his parents divorced, this had been his goal, was.

In the process of achieving that goal, he had to misplace a bit— perhaps you can say, a lot of his humanity. However, no matter how anybody looked at it, it was not just a goal in Jungkook's perception, there's a secret. It was an escape, an incentive flint he required, in order to decamp from his mother's toxic parental method.

"Hmm~" Jungkook nodded as if he understood, mostly to affix a teeny tiny reaction to it since he had no fucking idea how to react. "So...how did you slip past Bu-in Han Byeol's sight?"

"'Han' who?" Taehyung eventually peeped his bored, half-lidded eyes into Jungkook's curious ones.

— oops. Anyone I've ever talked to would know what I'm talking about. I forgot about people who have no idea who I am. Jungkook thought, not accustomed to outsiders as Jeon Enterprise remained a homey place, a confining home, so it was quite refreshing once in a while to have something uncommon.

Jungkook was not a man who fear changes, after all, what is change if not betterment persevering?

"Oh, apologies, there was a woman behind a desk at the foyer." Jungkook snickered apologetically at his mistake, his head sinking down towards the ground, how those physically cultivated shoulders vibrated concisely. "My secretary."

What a valiant and sexy way of brushing off a mistake he made himself. Taehyung found himself operating a technique that helped one serene his hurried breathing again.

"Ah~ a woman at the foyer. Yeah...I didn't see her. I arrived at around 11, came early to surprise you since you said you'll be there at 12." Taehyung paused the procrastination he imprinted unto his beautiful fingers, then shifted his eyes to land into Jungkook's.