𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 02

"How did it go?" Jungkook inquired. Out of the blue.

All motion came to a halt— all emotions came to a halt. Taehyung stopped what he was doing, arching his brows, sending a confused look his way. Jungkook was behooved to explain himself by then.

"I've noticed you stopped asking me to give you hickeys." He finished his inquiry, shrugging. Taehyung's eyeballs flickered past every puny detail on the tall ceiling for a moment, computing, sliding past the memory album in that pretty little head of his. Then, the light bulb burst. He remembered.

oh, yes! The enormity! He thought, a grin stretching his cheeks from ear to ear. A few months ago, Taehyung was so persistent in inclining Jungkook to mark his person from head to toe. It must have been tiring...for Taehyung, Jungkook seemed to find pleasure in bruising his body, as grueling as the process may be. The satisfaction of it was as cathartic as painting on a canvas. Taehyung was glad to know he was nothing more to Jungkook than a blank canvas, with a hole he could grind into, which gave him a plausible reason to not fall in love with Jungkook or whatever his bitchass brain smoked.

"Ah, well, that's because I've no need to make him jealous anymore." He explained politely, shrugging back.

"He'd still date you? After knowing this 'personality' of yours?" What's that supposed to mean? Oof— Taehyung forgot that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It's funny, he almost always forgets these things weren't meant to be insults. Perhaps he had a glint of self-respect left. For the wrong kind. Whatever that meant.

"That's insulting but— ugh, understandable." Taehyung buried his head into his hands like a depressed blue painting. "He said he'll help me be a better person. He knows something about me, apparently, I can't lie to him about anything anymore. Every time I say something, I have to explain why I said them, so he'd know for sure I'm not lying and all that stuff, since I'm a crazy good liar. It's like I'm reporting to a commanding officer, like back in the military again. Ew." Jungkook had established over the months of their bond that Taehyung had completed his military service meteorically right after high school.

"Then, you'd let him? Despite sounding very displeased right now?" He continued. Man, his tone was oddly apathetic, yet as he persisted one can't help but assume he cared. Maybe that was the tone of a born, crafted, self-made businessman. They forgot how to be human, all intonations of voice became obsolete to them. And straightforward, and insensitive. Taehyung should never forget how insensitive Jungkook could be.

"I don't know. I think he likes me. No one who knows about the truth ever really stuck around before, or even ever wanted to help me or whatever. So, I should be touched." What was meant to be a lighthearted, wholesome outing between friends in a fast food restaurant, a psychopath and a whore finally putting aside their differences and breaking bread, became an agitation to Taehyung. He had to elucidate Jungkook on why people left whenever they discovered Taehyung's hidden personality implicated most of the female antagonists from romance novels. "He promised he'd help me be a good person, or be better. There are steps for that, and right now, whatever it means, step 3 is to break this relationship you and I are having." As he ranted, he thrashed his hand, chopping the air, debating like a very agitated, passionate lawyer.

The worse part was, Taehyung had no idea why he was agitated! His words were the complete opposite of his gestures and boiling expression. Jungkook never missed a moment of them, studying his body language with eagle eyes.

"Ha..." Jungkook hummed, a confused, almost dramatic huff.

He was going to lead this conversation onward, wasn't he? Well, let's humor him. Taehyung thought. Taehyung knew Jungkook. Not well, but enough. The man never brought up a topic unless he wished to discuss it thoroughly so. As if he didn't know how to have small talk or— how to be a human? Yeah, that's the one; Taehyung knew Jungkook didn't know how to be human! Taehyung rolled his eyes and tongue in his cheek, finding his bleeding inner cheek much more bearable than what Jungkook was doing to him.