Chapter 1

Harry sat in his office humming to the song playing on the radio. Why was it so familiar yet so distant? Why was it so significant yet he couldn't remember why? The wind beneath my wings seemed more than just a song to him somehow. But that hadn't mattered for the last 25 years, and it won't matter now. Although he did feel like there was something missing. And occasionally, he looked back on adventures in the past, and something unexplainable had happened. It was almost like someone had torn apart his memories of anything before the war, then tried to put them back together with a few missing pieces. It could've been an injury he sustained, but somehow it seemed more...
————————————————————————
"I'm bored" Albus groaned, flicking his quill across the library and spattering ink. This action earned a glare from Madame Pince.
"You should be studying! Do you want to fail your NEWTS?" Rose asked, while fastidiously writing down anything she could find about the second wizarding war.
"I know what might be interesting" Scorpius said, catching Al's interest. "Ever looked through your dads year book?"
"No, but that does sound like a cool idea. Cmon, I think they'd be over here." Albus walked into a tight corner of the shelves and searched. "Which year do we want?" He asked.
"How about third?" Scorpius suggested.
"Perfect! Let's go sit over here where Miss Rose Diligent Weasley won't disturb our fun."
"Honestly" Rose muttered under her breath.

The two boys sat down and flicked through the pages. Many of them were dusty, and looked asthough they hadn't been touched for several years. Albus held the page tightly when it got to his dad's page. In his photo he was giving a piggy back to a young girl, about the same age as him. She had dark curly hair and dark eyelids above amber eyes. The caption  read:
Lydia Black & Harry Potter
No extra information.
"'Ey Rose, there a Lydia Black in any of your studies?" Albus yelled across the room, earning  a second glare from Mrs. Pince.
Rose stood up from her spot in the corner and joined the two boys.
"No there isn't, anything." She said. "Black. I thought Sirius was the end of the line."
"So did I" Albus said "but then again, never a dull moment when you're a Potter!" His voice was laced with sarcasm.
"Why don't we ask your dad Al?" Scorpius said "they do look like they used to be special friends"
"Yeah sure. Probably not important, he would've mentioned it. We all know it doesn't do to keep secrets from mum" Albus joked. He pulled out a mirror from his pocket and spoke clearly into, asking for his father.
"Hey Al! What's up?" His father asked from the mirror.
"Well... we were looking through your year book... and we were wondering... who Lydia Black was?" He asked
When all Harry gave the trio was a bewildered look, Rose spoke up
"Black curly hair, dark amber eyes. Looks quite a bit like Bellatrix Lestrange- you're giving her a piggy back in the photo."
———————————————————————-
As soon as the words fell from Rose's mouth. Harry remembered. He remembered why he was so angered by Voldemort that day. What inspired him to keep fighting. All the tiny loopholes that had been in his mind for years, tightened themselves. All the memories of her sneaking through his bedroom window with letters from Padfoot. When no one else had understood she had. She lay down her life to destroy Voldemort. And worst of all. The love. How he felt for her. Something he could never feel for anyone else. What about Ginny? Had their relationship and marriage just been coverups. Why didn't he love her that way anymore. All this wizzed through his head. But all that he could stutter out was an unbelieving gasp.
"Are you ok dad?" Albus asked "It's just you haven't said anything for about 30 seconds. You haven't been keeping secrets from mum again have you?" Albus got no answer from his father. All that Harry could think, feel or say.

"Lydia" he choked, before throwing down the mirror, earning a disgruntled salutation from Al.
He didn't know where he was going. What he was doing. But somehow, he would get her back.
————————————————————————
Draco Malfoy was sitting at his desk, humming to himself. He never sung, no. For some unexplainable reason, any song gave him a deep stomach ache, as if some unfelt grief was waiting to escape. His train of thought was interrupted by his childhood nemesis throwing himself into his office.
"What is it Potter?" He asked, annoyed. Harry seemed unable to speak for several seconds, the tears streaming from his green eyes only intensifying, and his breath becoming ragged. He choked out that same word, that name. The name that brought the horrors of the war back, laced with soppy songs about love and loss.
"Lydia".

A/N
I just realised this one is comparatively minuscule. Sorry bout that. Really gonna pick up soon. Again, if you have any queries, drop them down below in the comments. :)