X

"Warning, level three security breach

"Warning, level three security breach. All students, please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion."

"What's a level three security breach?" Iida asked the boy next to him.

"It means that someone's managed to get past the school's barriers," he responded. "This hasn't happened in my three years here. We should get going!"

Tried as they might, the halls were packed to the brim with panicked students, rushing to leave the building. Screams filled the air as they pushed and shoved one another.

"So much for an orderly fashion," Hikari grunted as she fought against the crowd. "We'll never make it out of here!"

"This is a total mob!" Ochako's voice sounded strained as she was pushed against her friend. It became more difficult for Hikari to breathe.

"Everyone was quick to react, as I'd expect of U.A students," Iida added amongst the loud voices.

"Sure, but they're also causing a huge panic!" shouted Midoriya, fighting against the current but losing. His green hair soon disappeared from Hikari's vision.

"Midoriya!"

"Hikari, can't you make a shield for space?" asked Ochako frantically. "We have to save Midoriya!"

The teal-haired girl shook her head, although one could hardly tell, given the circumstance. "I'd do it, but I can't! I don't have any space! Not to mention I'd end up hurting someone, the last thing we need right now!"

"It's the press outside!" Hikari heard Iida shout over everyone. "I was afraid it was some attack on the school, but there's no need to panic, everyone!"

"Just the press? Then why-- Gah!"

Suddenly Hikari and Ochako were swept up by the crowd just like Midoriya. They strayed further away from Iida at a rapid pace.

"Uraraka! Touch my hand!" Iida's hand was outstretched towards the brunette. "Make me float above everyone else!"

Slowly, but surely, Ochako outstretched her hand towards him. A shove from Hikari barely made their fingertips touch, but it was all Iida needed. He was lifted into the air, and with a shout, he cartwheeled through the air and slammed against the exit sign above the doorway.

"Listen up, everything is okay!" shouted Iida, silencing the students. "It's just the media outside! There's absolutely nothing to worry about, everything's fine! We're U.A students; we need to remain calm and prove that we're the best of the best!"

"And he thought he wouldn't make a good leader," quipped Hikari with a smirk. She turned to Ochako. "Looks like he saved the day."

//

"Uh, okay! So we need to figure out who the other class officers will be!"

After the fiasco in the hall, classes resumed their normal schedule, and Hikari and class 1-A were back in the classroom; Midoriya and Yaoyorozu were at the front of the class. Nothing out of the ordinary, until--

"But first, there's something that I want to say."

Looks like something's up with Midoriya, Hikari noted with interest. Her initial boredom was gone, and she craned her neck to see what he was going to say.

"I've thought alot about this... and I think that Tenya Iida should be our class rep!"

Immediately, Hikari looked over at the bespectacled boy, who stirred in his seat in surprise.

"He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line." As Midoriya spoke, his voice became more confident and his shoulders relaxed. "So I believe... he should be the one leading our class from now on!"

Murmurs of agreement rose from the rest of 1-A, Hikari's included, until Aizawa interrupted from his sleeping bag. "This is a waste of time. I don't care who the rep is, just hurry it up."

Iida, though, rose from his seat. "If Midoriya is nominating me for this job, then humbly accept. I pledge to carry out the duties of class rep to the best of my abilities!"

//

When Hikari returned home, she didn't even get the chance to remove her shoes before her father took her into a giant bear hug and cried, "Hikari! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He checked her face for any sign of bruises.

"Pfft, Dad, I'm fine," Hikari giggled as she pushed his hands away. "'Sides, it wasn't anything big, just the press looking for breadcrumbs. They act like vultures."

Mamoru sighed in relief, but worry was still etched into his face as he tried to smile. "I'm just glad you're okay. I don't know what I would've done if you got hurt."

"Dad, I'm telling you, I'm fine. Plus, Iida handled the situation like a boss." Hikari launched into the story of how she, Midorya, Ochako, and Iida were crammed in the halls and Iida flying into the air thanks to Zero Gravity, comically adding sound effects and large hand movements. They laughed together, and for once, all was well.