VII

Class 1-A was in amazement at Midoriya's throw

Class 1-A was in amazement at Midoriya's throw. Hikari could hear Ochako's cheer and agreed with her sentiment. He's shown nothing about his power until now, and it even broke his finger. She shifted her glance to her right and smirked. Bakugou stood with his jaw practically on the floor.

"What's wrong, ya scowly bastard? Scared that he beat your score?" teased Hikari with a coy smile, but Bakugou didn't seem to care about the nickname or the taunt.

"I should've seen his quirk years ago," he growled. "I'm getting to the bottom of this." His palms exploded and he dashed forward as he bellowed, "HEY! DEKU YOU BASTARD, TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT OR YOU'RE DEAD!"

"Holy shit, this guy's furious!" Hikari exclaimed, surprised. It was apparent from the start that the ash blond was a grumpy, temperamental guy, but this was a new extreme. It looked like Bakugou was going to follow through with his threat until one end of Aizawa's scarf flew through the air and restrained him. "What? W-Why the hell is your damn scarf s-so strong?" the ash blond grunted as he strained through the strength of the scarf.

"'Cause it's a capture weapon made out of carbon fibers and a special metal alloy," their teacher explained, his hair floating upwards as his quirk was activated. "Stand down. It'd be wise to avoid making me avoid using my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye."

Too bad, that power is amazing! Hikari winced as she looked onward.

The hair and scarf settled back down, releasing Bakugou from its grip. "You're wasting my time now. Whoever's next can step up."

//

After Midoriya's home-run throw and Bakugou's explosive reaction, the tests continued. Hikari's quirk did little to improve her scores in the sit-ups, seated toe-touch, and the long-distance run, but they were a little better thanks to her training with Ochako.

Finally, finally, it was time to see the results. "I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already," Aizawa said, holding a little device in his hands. "I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual score."

It's time. I definitely won't be the one being expelled... right?

Aizawa projected the tier list into the air. From one to twenty, everyone's name was on the list. Hikari craned her neck, scanning the list for her name.

16. Hikari Hinata

A rush of relief flooded over her as she exhaled, not realizing that she was holding her breath. Phew, I'm safe. Not the best, but not the worst. Wait, but that means- Hikari looked over to Midoriya's stricken face, showing great despair. Oh no, poor dude.

"Aaand I was lying. No one's going home."

Huh?

Hikari and the rest of the class were in a catatonic shock, mouths agape and eyes wide as they looked at their teacher.