IV

Once Hikari rushed into the street to her right, she realized that no one else was here with her

Once Hikari rushed into the street to her right, she realized that no one else was here with her. Except for a large 3-pointer dead ahead of her.

Nice! Immediately her wrists glowed alive, two shields forming. She launched them at the robot and it neatly sliced it to pieces.

Yes, three points for me! Gotta go find more! She ran back onto the main street to find more robots. As she tied her jacket around her waist, she scanned the area. The debris of the robots littered the fake urban city. Examinees were destroying them left and right. Finding nothing, she took a left and found herself face-to-face with more robots.

Three 2-pointers! One 1-pointer! Four 3-pointers! And they're all mine!

A single shield went through the 1-pointer robot and two 2-pointers. Hikari was about to go for another one when a shadow obscured the light above her. As she looked up to meet a chunk of a robot arm, something wrapped around her waist and yanked her out of the way.

The arm crashed into the ground somewhere near Hikari, but she was busy recovering from the near whiplash her body went through. When her vision cleared, her eyes met a piercing red stare and... a shadowy bird? With glowing eyes?

"Hey, hey! You okay, miss?" the bird squawked. Hikari nodded mutely, still in shock. The boy next to the bird exhaled a small sigh of relief.

"Good, I'm glad," the boy muttered gratefully. He gently lifted Hikari off of the ground and asked quietly, "Can you walk?" It was then Hikari realized that they were inside what looked like a fake parking garage. It was dark, too.

"Yeah, I think I can, thank you," she quietly answered. Hikari cleared her throat and asked the boy, "Is that your quirk? The bird, I mean." No duh it's the bird, Hikari! Why are you even asking that question?!

"Yep, I am! I'm Dark Shadow!" the bird, Dark Shadow, boasted loudly. Its chest, if it had one, puffed up in pride.

"Ah, well, thank you again, Dark Shadow," Hikari awkwardly thanked again. Before the boy could say anything, though, Present Mic's shrill voice boomed across the faux-city. "Eight minutes and ten seconds, listeners! Keep it up!"

The boy stepped into the light, and it took Hikari by shock when his figure revealed to have a bird head. It was black and presumably fluffy with feathers and even a beak.

"May we meet again, I suppose," the boy mumbled quietly. Dark Shadow comically saluted Hikari and lifted the boy up and away.

"Huh. Well, that's something that you don't see everyday," mumbled Hikari after watching him almost fly away. The noise of destruction and voices from the examinees finally brought her out of her shock. "Well, let's get back to it!"

//

Only three minutes were left, and in that time Hikari brought her robot body count to 34. Not bad, but with the three minutes left, there were more robots to be destroyed.