Oh... It's Raining

"Why are we getting in a Limousine?" Illumi asked, opening the door to the front. 

"My parents took my keys so I wouldn't leave," Hisoka replied, grabbing a key from his pocket.

"Where did that come from?" He pointed to the key in Hisoka's hand.

"I stole it," he muttered, preoccupied. "How the hell does this work?" he asked, irritated. 

Illumi grabbed his hand and put the key in the engine. Hisoka looked up at him, still holding his hand.

"Thanks," Hisoka said quietly, not letting go.

"Are you an idiot?" asked Illumi, pulling away and leaning back in his seat.

"You ruined the moment," Hisoka whined, smirking sideways at him.

"Huh?" Illumi asked, tilting his head. Hisoka shook his head, pulling out of the garage. "Why do you have such an obnoxiously long driveway?" Illumi said bluntly, turning his head to look at the driver. 

"Do you just say whatever comes into your head, Illumi?" Hisoka looked at him tiredly.

Illumi didn't respond, instead he started playing with his hair, brushing his hands through it and flipping it up so it wouldn't be as messy. 

"Please let me braid your hair," Hisoka said, looking at the road. Illumi shrugged, and they spent the rest of the car-ride in silence. Hisoka started humming quietly, very out of toon, when suddenly it started pouring rain.

"We'll have to stop outside of the city, there's no where to park by my complex, sorry." 

"I brought an umbrella!" Hisoka sung, reaching to get it out of the back. He came around the side and opened Illumi's door. "After you," he said mannerly, bowing dramatically.

Illumi stepped out, grabbing the umbrella and holding it above his head. "Sorry."

"We can share!" Hisoka said, shoving himself under the umbrella with Illumi. Illumi looked at him blankly before walking away with Hisoka in tow. Hisoka put his arm through Illumi's, trying to get farther under the umbrella. "My shoulder's getting wet," he said, putting his head on Illumi's shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing." Illumi didn't look at him, he kept walking knowing that if he looked it him he would most likely turn bright red.

"Trying not to get rained on," Hisoka said sleepily.

"Don't fall asleep, I'm not carrying you there. I'll leave you on the sidewalk."

"That's not very nice," chuckled Hisoka, patting Illumi's head and propping his head up on his shoulder. He was extremely close now, practically breathing in Illumi's ear. Illumi straightened up, attempting to be silent for the rest of the trip.

"We're here," Illumi said after a while of casual talking (which was just Hisoka talking and Illumi responding with blunt sentences). "Do you talk this much of ti-?" Illumi got cut off by a large bang in the sky, pulling Hisoka into the apartment building with him swiftly, and closing the door immediately.

"It's just a thunderstorm," Hisoka said, grabbing the umbrella from his hands. "Also, it's bad luck to have umbrella's open inside," he finished, closing it and handing it to Illumi. "Well I'll be taking my leave now," Hisoka called, turning around and heading out the door-almost.

Suddenly he felt a weight on his shoulder. "Uh, please don't go," Illumi said, looking down at his shuffling feet. "It's dangerous to drive in the rain, and you might get struck by lightning." he looked up at him, blinking apathetically. A whole lot more apathetic than he felt, that was for sure.

"If you insist~" Hisoka said smoothly, walking up the stairs. Illumi sighed, what the hell was he getting himself into.

                                                                  ✰          ✰          ✰ 

Hisoka, who had taken a shower prior to Illumi, was now sitting on his couch, scrolling through the movies. The thunder banged loudly outside, shaking most everything. "Illumi! I'm putting on a sad movie!" Hisoka yelled.

"Congratulations," said Illumi, coming out in a black sweatshirt and forest green fuzzy pants.  He had a towel still on his head, moving it up and down occasionally, drying his hair.

"Titanic it is." Hisoka pushed the button, and the movie began to play. 

"This movie is predictable and stupid," Illumi stated bluntly, wringing his hair out. 

"Okay one, you're not even watching it. Two, we are five minutes in," Hisoka said, he sounded irritated, but he was actually enjoying his time with Illumi. "I'm glad you asked me to stay." Hisoka nudged him with his elbow.

"I am suddenly not" Illumi was not very good with emotions, receiving or expressing them. So instead he was an asshole, it scared most people away, but Hisoka seemed to not buy in to it.

"Well I'm not leaving so." He shrugged, putting his arms around the couch. 

Another large boom resonated throughout the apartment. Illumi sucked in a breath, he despised thunderstorms, he had awful things that correlated with them. "Are you okay?"  asked Hisoka, tearing his eyes away from the movie and looking over at Illumi.

"I'm fine," he said, completely monotone. He began to watch the movie, it was awful.

Hisoka was now sobbing into Illumi's shoulder. "It's not even over yet," Illumi sighed, looking at the devastated clown.

"B-b-but he's gonna die," he said, starting to cry harder. 

"They all die idiot, that's the point of the movie." Illumi side-eyed him, patting his head curiously.

"How are you not sad at all?" Hisoka said, burying himself further in Illumi's shoulder.

Illumi gulped, this was extremely awkward. "Uh anyway are you tired you should go to bed," Illumi said quickly. When Hisoka didn't move, Illumi poked his side, still immobile. "What the hell you're already asleep," Illumi scoffed. He muttered, moving his hands under Hisoka's legs to pick him up. "Damn," he muttered.

"Aww are you carrying me to bed," Hisoka said quietly, half-asleep and nuzzling Illumi's arm.

"Shit," he whispered, fumbling in hopes of not dropping him after being scared half to death. "Yes, go back to bed," he whispered, blushing slightly. Illumi carried him to the guest room, laying him down gently while the thunder continued to shake the small apartment. 

"Don't leave," Hisoka whispered, sprawling himself out on the bed and looking tiredly to where Illumi stood at the door, his long hair blowing slightly in the wind. 

"Okay," he whispered, sitting down in a chair next to the window. He listened to Hisoka's even breathing as he looked out at the lightning paint the landscape a twisted yellow.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Art Creds:

Cover: Sunnygays on Twitter

I am absolutely not done with this yet I just didn't want to make it too long (and I'm watching Mereum bond with Komugi so you know).

Anyway as always: recommendations or constructive criticism is always welcome.
Thank you so much for reading ^_^