Chapter 7

I pulled the reins over the horses head and held them in my hand as we walked through the gate and back into alexandria. Judith sat slouched on the saddle, fast asleep.

I carried her from the saddle and to the house, I pushed the door open and laid her gently on the couch before running to get her a blanket. I left her a note by the table and left through the front door. I grabbed the reins and tied him to the bannister of the basement steps, he snorted as I stepped lower into the prison.

'can't stay away can you?' he hollered, 'don't flatter yourself, I only look up to you cuz I'm short' I retaliated. I heard a deep laugh as I turned the corner and saw him throwing a worn tennis ball against the wall repeatedly, 'why do you keep coming down here?' he quiried.

'I trust you. Plus I don't know many people here, so why not make friends with the person that everyone hates' I claimed, 'ouch' he mocked.

'Judith alright? I heard you n her were horse riding together sunshine n rainbows shit' he grumbled, 'she's OK, she's sound asleep upstairs... Wait how'd you hear that?' I questioned. He pointed up to the bars where the light shone through, 'people often forget I'm here' he smiled. I rubbed my head and laughed, 'I think she enjoyed it, I taught her a lil bit and then she fell asleep' I said with a small laugh at the end.

'Do you ever come out?' I looked at the iron bars from ceiling to floor, and scanned his 10×10 concrete cell, 'I ain't been out in a long time' he sighed.

'I'm sorry' I mumbled.

'Darlin' you ain't got nothing to be sorry about' he replied softly.

'oh I-' I dug into my pocket and revealed two plump tomatoes, 'I brought you a snack' I grinned. He smiled and shook his head in disbelief, 'thank you Miss Maddie' he crawled over and retrieved them before sinking his teeth into one and grinning from ear to ear as he chewed.

-
-
-
Its a short one today, but thank you those peeps and BBs that have started reading it means so much :)