"This would be a solemn period for the Kingdom. My husband had unfortunately fallen into a critical state and while the Royal Doctors work their hardest to resuscitate him, the Kingdom cannot be without a ruler," Silvestra said, displaying a false show of emotions. "I am deeply grateful for everyone present as we continue to consider Iftia's prosperity from this moment forward."

"Please pardon my interruption, Your Majesty," Marquis Clorance, an elected nobleman into the mediating panel, interjected and peered towards the Queen. He asked, "May I know if Prince Matthias has been informed of this conference? His Highness may not be interested in politics but this is still an official conference which requires his and his consort's presence."

"I am very sure Matthias has been informed, and everyone here would know that my dear son has always been the least interested in attending these official affairs," Silvestra responded politely, exhaling a pretentious motherly laugh. Facing Rowan, she gestured with subtle hostility dancing in her hazel eyes, "Regardless, please do not let his late arrival disrupt the discussion and I am sure that the First Prince is capable enough to provide his initial take on this dire situation."

"That's inappropriate, Your Majesty," Rowan said coldly and the temperatures within the conference hall plummeted with ferocious intensity. Silvestra was simply provoking him but Rowan would not fall into the simple trap of offending the regnant monarch in front of everyone in this conference hall by disregarding the ranks and customs.

A wave of unease rippled within Elianna, pushing her back into an unnatural stiffness. It wasn't because of the sudden change in Rowan's demeanour but the unexpected chaotic energy that stirred in the air. Her eyes scanned across the entire room, studying everyone's expression and stopping when she noticed a lady with the same amber-coloured eyes, staring right at her from the opposite end of the hall.

Her appearance flickered between a normal-looking nobleman and a beautiful lady with ivory blonde hair. Glamour. Elianna was sure that she saw through the glamour that they used to hide her appearance with. Both of them appeared equally surprised as they looked at one another before her vermilion-stained lip tipped up to reveal her sharp canines. At that moment, Elianna realised. 

Though it was all too late.

Silvestra rose from her seat and the entire faction stood on her cue. Bodies crouching forward and in an instant, all glamours were released to reveal an entire pack of silver-white wolves that stared over from the other end of the conference hall. They positioned themselves low in stance, prepared to strike when the first opportunity arrives. Wolves were known to test their preys, sensing vulnerabilities to secure their hunt and one thing for sure, they're going to thrive in this entire place that now reeked of fear. Silvestra continued, "I would like to command the regency."

"P-Preposterous!" Earl Bordelon stammered, clutching tightly onto his blue tie as he tried to demand some form of negotiation.

A white wolf jumped from his place and attempted to strike but Rowan drew his sword and flickered forward, counting the tackle effortfully and protected the Earl from a near ghastly and bloody death. In a calm voice, Rowan said, "Earl Bordelon, please settle down."

The Earl did as he was told and a low whistle sounded, signalling for the canid to retreat. Everyone returned to their seats once again and Rowan declared in a grave tone, "The regency shall remain to the regnant monarch and the current Queen of Iftia shall be the appointed regent."

Elianna turned her head to the side sharply to face Rowan, noticing that his expression was unusually taut and his jaw tightened so hard together that they were almost gnashing. His knights and his supporters refused to utter a single word thereafter, knowing that they had been cornered and with the strength present in this hall, it was impossible to fight a winning battle against the bunch of therianthropes. The force behind Silvestra was grimly forbidding. Without any way forward, all of them could only take a step back to prevent unnecessary bloodbath.