25. Mt. Lusian

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Arell's Bedchamber

Elianna

Elianna knocked on the door to Arell's bedchamber for a few times now but there was no response from within and she assumed that he had turned in late while waiting for Thunder the night before. In a cooing tone, she spoke softly to Indira in her arms, "Precious sweetling, shall we go and wake your brother up?"

The little princess in her arms made a soft sound and stared at her with her beautiful hazel eyes — in the exact shade as Matthias'. Her small arms swung playfully in the air in approval and that placed a warm smile on Elianna's face before she quietly entered into Arell's bedchamber.

Elianna glanced towards the bed to see the child still snoring softly in his sleep, stifling a chuckle when she noticed how he slept on his stomach with arms tucked under the pillow — in the same manner as to how Rowan always did.

Gently, Elianna placed Indira beside Arell and the little princess stretched her tiny hand out and thudded on the back of his arm. Placing a hand over her mouth, Elianna was finding it difficult to suppress the laugh that was bubbling up her throat when Arell grumbled incomprehensibly. Indira attempted a second strike and the child moved his arm away, only causing little Indira to become more persistent when she stretched her arm further and the next strike landed on the back of Arell's head. The child eventually pushed his groggy self up with his dark brows pinched together into a small frown and he was struggling to peel his eyes open.

Thankfully, Arell had a gentle personality and mild temper. He woke up with a small whine as he looked towards his attacker who is now chuckling adorably. A sudden gleam of happiness shone in those blue-gold eyes and he leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on Indira's forehead. The child beamed, "Indy!"

"Mother is beginning to feel hurt, mea lux." Elianna pulled a sad expression to tease her son, who had the whole of his attention on his baby cousin.

At the realisation, Arell quickly pushed himself to stand and moved forward. Resting his small palms on each side of her face, he kissed on her cheek and greeted her, "Blessings be upon you, Mother."

"And upon you be blessings, mea lux," she smiled, returning a tender kiss on the crown of his head. Even when they left Rivia for quite a while now, Arell remained to greet her in the manner he grew up with. She thought about if that's how Arell wanted to keep his memories of Rivia, she would respect it. Laughing lightly, she ran her hand through the soft strands of his dark hair and mentioned, "Hurry out of bed now and get ready for breakfast."

The child hopped out of his bed immediately and went into the bathroom to freshen up. Holding Indira in her arms and swaying her body gently from side-to-side, she watched as he independently finished his morning routine with ease.

When Thunder's around, he would be the one waking Arell up on most mornings and she would always hear both of them squabbling in the bathroom as they talked in gibberish manner while brushing their teeth. Occasionally, the two would even fight over using the sink. This morning felt exceptionally quiet and although the child didn't show it, she knew exactly how crestfallen he felt.