9. Please Don't Let Go

Thethia: Royal Palace, Study

The Queen of Thethia, Elizabeth

"Your Majesty, here's an invitation from Iftia to an official banquet," Finneas, the Royal Secretariat presented the letter in front of her.

"Another one?" Elizabeth lifted her gaze to look towards Finneas before heaving a tired sigh. "Please get someone to represent me." 

"This is important," Finneas mentioned.

"Finneas, you played the same trick for the past two invitations you presented me and let me remind you that it's not going to work for me this time," she gave a short, humourless laugh and lowered her gaze to go through the official documents in her hand. 

"Your Majesty, this is the annual banquet to celebrate the Trilateral Peace Treaties formed between the three Kingdoms." 

Elizabeth dropped the pen in her hand and the ink spilled over the papers on her desk. She gave a quiet grumble as she glared towards Finneas, a cuss word formed at the tip of her tongue but she looked around her room and noticed the presence of her knights. Swallowing the frustration back, she reluctantly reached her hand out and demanded for the letter. Her eyes did a fast scan at the content and she unhappily signed at the bottom in agreement of her attendance.

A small smirk formed from the corner of Finneas' lips in an expression to gloat over his victory and she stretched her leg out and kicked him on his shin. Finneas scrunched his face in grimace as he crouched a little wanting to reach for his shin but well-aware enough to maintain his composure. On the other hand, Elizabeth swayed her shoulders in a small dance before smiling warmly as she passed the letter back and she warned in a sweet voice, "No more banquets after this one, Finneas. Or I'll make serious consideration to crown you the King of Thethia." 

"Please do not scare you loyal aide like that, Your Majesty," Finneas talked in his slightly strained voice as he bowed politely towards her. 

"Oh, Finneas," Elizabeth smiled cunningly. "I am simply a signature, a vow and a celebratory banquet away." 

"I am reminded of the pile of work left on my desk. May Your Majesty have a pleasant day ahead," Finneas smiled in return and retreated out of the hearing room, leaving Elizabeth in the study to proceed with her next meeting with the knights and entering officials. 

"I'm a ruler of a Kingdom for Goddess' sake, do they think I live lavishly, attending banquets and waste my life away?" She pinched on the bridge of her nose and continued sighing, "Tavion, I shall appoint the next noble who enter through the door as my banquet goer. What do you say?" 

"Your Majesty, that's abuse of authority," Tavion, her First Knight, reminded. 

"All of you are abusing me instead," Elizabeth complained unhappily.