Chapter 15

Scarlett's POV
Once I get in my room I toss my phone on the bed and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. Once I finish I walk back into my room and climb into my bed. I hear my phone buzz and I pick it up. Mama texts me says she's gonna sleep in her own bed tonight and if I need her come get her. I respond with "okay sleep well" and plug up my phone. I set it on the side table and pick up my book. I fall asleep with the book in my lap and my lamp on. About an hour and a half later I wake up screaming. Nothing ultrasonic but still loud. My breathing increases speed as I begin to sob. I curl up in a ball too scared to move. I am shaking violently. I close my eye as hard as I can. When I open them I am back on the cold floor of a cell in the Red Room. The door opens and a woman walks in and jerks me up. She grabs me by the throat. I squeeze my eyes close and open them again. I am back in my room. I move my hands to my eyes and rub vigorously. I rub harder and harder trying to get the scenes out of my head. There is a faint knocking noise on my door. I can barely hear it and think I might just be hearing things. The door opens and Peter comes in. He looks at me for a second taking in the scene. My hands move back to my legs. Wrapping them tight. My nails dig into the palm of my hand. He slowly walks over to me and holds up his hands signaling he won't hurt me.
"Scar. It's Peter. I won't hurt you. Just look at me please." He says slowly walking closer.
I flinch as he goes to touch the bed.
"Scar you are going to have to breathe." He says as calm as he can get it.
I shake my head.
"I'm your brother. I won't hurt you just please let me sit with you. I can help you I promise." He tells me touching the bed again.
I let him this time. He sits down.
"Okay watch my chest." He tells me as his breathing become dramatic. "Watch it go up and down and try to copy it."
I slowly begin to realize where I am. My breathing starts to become more relaxed but the rest of me is still tense. My brain still can't decide what is real and what's not.
"Can I touch you?" He asks quietly.
I shake my head slightly.
"Okay. I'm going to go grab something for your eyes. I think you rubbed them raw." He tells me getting up slowly.
"N-no." I have the courage to say.
"Okay. I won't leave." He says sitting back down at the end of the bed. " Friday who is awake?"
"Pietro woke up 10 minutes ago and is watching a movie. Would you like me to get him?" Friday asks.
"Yes please." He responds. "Have him meet me at the door please."
I look at him. He looks back at me with sympathetic eyes.
"I'm going to get up and meet Pietro at the door. I won't leave the room. I promise." He says holding out his pinky finger.
I slowly lift up mine keeping my arms tight around my legs. He gets up and opens the door a little. He whisper to Pietro for a minute or so then Pietro runs somewhere and back. They both come in.
"Oh Scarlett." Pietro says bringing in a bag.
Peter sits on the end of the bed again while Pietro sets the bag on my desk.
"We need to help your eyes. Can we please touch you? We won't hurt you. We promise." Peter says sticking out his pinky.
Pietro sticks his arm in the air with his pinky out while grabbing stuff out of the bag.
"O-Okay." I say slowly letting go of my legs and holding up my pinky.
"Oh no Scar." Peter says seeing my nails have gone through my skin and caused them to bleed.
Peter walks over to me and slowly grabs my hand and straightens out my fingers with my palm towards the ceiling. I'm still shaking a little. Pietro tosses his some gauze. He catches it and wraps up my hands. Pietro walks over and puts some cream on my eyes. Pietro goes to the bathroom and grabs two wet wash clothes. He hands one to Peter and they clean up the blood.
"Your gonna have two nasty black eyes and you will most likely have scars from your nails but you should live." Pietro says.
"Thank goodness. Didn't want to have to say my goodbyes so soon." Peter says and I giggle a bit.
I look over at my clock. It reads 2:52 a.m.
"I-I'm sorry f-for waking you guys up." I say quietly.
"I was already up. Friday told me you needed someone. I guess I was the only one up." Peter responds.
"I woke up on my own. I'm not used to getting so much sleep." Pietro tells me.
"T-thank you for h-helping me. I-I'm so sorry about y-yesterday." I respond.
"Let's just put it behind us okay. It's not important." Peter tells me climbing into bed next to me. "You wanna talk about it?"
I shake my head. Pietro finishes putting everything back into the bag. Then he climbs into bed on the other side.
"You wanna try to sleep or do something else?" Pietro asks.
"C-can we do s-something else?" I ask. "A-and do you t-think you could be a l-little quieter? M-my head r-really hurts."
"Sure." Pietro says quieter looking around the room. "You wanna tell us about your book so far and read to us?"
"S-sure." I respond.
I explain what's going on then read. I only have a little left to read. We finish the book and I look at the clock. It's 4:47 a.m. Peter grabs the TV remote and hands it to me.
"You choose." He tells me.
I nod and turn it on. We look for a while and finally end up choosing a show called Jessie on Disney Channel. We watch the rest do the episode and I look at the clock. It's 5:00 a.m. and we decide to change and go up to the common room.
"Will you be okay if we go change and meet you in the hall?" Peter asks.
"I'll be okay." I tell him as I get up and head to the bathroom.
I walk in and see myself in the mirror. My eyes are red, raw, and bruised. I have dark circles under my eyes as well. They look terrible. I move my hand up to them and graze my fingers over it. My head is still pounding. It feels like it could explode. The lights seem so bright in the bathroom but I just ignore it. Then I grab my toothbrush. I brush my teeth, then my hair. I walk back into my room and into my closet. I grab an oversized sweatshirt that is probably one of the guys and some comfy leggings. I change and put my hood up. I grab my phone and quickly start to put my hair in two braids as I walk into the hallway. The boys are there leaning against the opposite wall. They stand up and walk with me to the elevator. Peter tells Friday the common room and it begins to move. By the time the doors open both my braids are down and my hood is back up. The doors open, as we get off I look around. The lights feel so bright I have to squint. Sam and Steve are at the island. The look like they just finished their run. I hide my face in my sweatshirt and hide a bit behind Pietro who is almost a head taller than me. I make sure only my finger tips show in the sweatshirt.
"Look who's up early." Sam says as we walk closer.
"Good morning." Peter says.
"Good morning. How did you sleep?" Steve asks.
Pietro gives Peter a look.
"Okay." Peter responds. "Where's Papa?"
The coffee pot makes a noise letting you know it's done. Steve walks over and grabs two mugs.
"He went to take a shower. Any of you guys want coffee?" Steve asks.
"I'll take some." Pietro responds.
"Anyone else?" He asks.
Peter shakes his head. Steve grabs another mug and pours the coffee.
"Do you want anything in it Pietro?" Steve asks.
"No thank you." He says.
Steve grabs two of the mugs and hands them to Pietro and Sam. Then we head tho the couch. As we are walking there Sam speaks up.
"Scarlett I didn't even see you. Why are you up so early? I don't think I have ever seen you up so early." He says.
"C-couldn't sleep." I say looking at the ground.
I don't see his reaction but he doesn't respond so I sit in between Peter and Pietro on the couch. Peter and Pietro go for the remote at the same time. They stare and each other. They begin to argue about who should get to choose what's on. While they are distracted I use my power and grab the remote. I turn on the TV and put on Disney again. I wipe my nose and lean back into the couch. They both look at the TV and get quiet. Sam and Steve leave to go do other things. Pietro puts his arm around my shoulders and I lean into him. My legs go in Peters lap. He couldn't care less.
"You okay? How's your head doing?" Pietro asks.
"S-still hurts. I-i'll be fine. N-nothing I h-haven't been through before." I whisper.
A few minutes later the elevator opens. All three of us look back. Papa runs in freaked out.
"Shit you guys scared me. I thought you were dead." He said calming down.
"What are you guys doing up here?" He asks as he heads to sit in one of the other loveseats.
"We couldn't sleep so we came up here. Sam and Steve were up here. They went to do other things while we watched TV." Pietro explains.
I keep my face hidden as much as I can.
"You okay Scar? You seem upset." Papa says.
"Y-yeah. Just tired I-I guess." I tell him not looking directly at him.
I glance at him and he gets a glimpse at my face.
"Holy shit." He whispers. "What the hell happened?"
He gets up.
"She had a nightmare." Peter tells him. "She freaked out once she woke up and rubbed her eyes raw. Then her nails dug i her hands and went through her skin. We cleaned her up as much as we could then chilled with her."
"Do you need to see Bruce in the medbay?" He asks as he walks over to me.
I shake my head and wince a bit at the pain. He squats down and looks me in the eyes. He slowly puts my hood down and takes it in. He grabs my arm and slowly moves the sweatshirt up my arm.
"Oh my little one." He says giving me a sad look.  "Are you okay?"
"C-could be better. My head kinda hurts but Pietro said I should live. That's a good thing." I say giggling a bit.
"I told her I didn't want to have to say my goodbyes so soon." Peter responds being as overdramatic as possible making me giggle.
Papa gives me a look and stand back up.
"I would ask you if you want to sit with me but you look very comfortable on your brothers." He tells me.
I nod as he sits back down. I hear the elevator move and I quickly put my hood on and hide my face. I hear Natasha and Wanda walk in.
"Good morning!" Wanda tells the group loudly.
I try to block out how loud she is being.
"Good morning Wan." Pietro and I say in unison.
"How's everyone doing?" She asks as she goes to sit with Papa.
"Okay." Peter responds.
"I'm okay." Pietro adds.
I just shrug. I hear Mama's footsteps head to the kitchen. She gets a cup of coffee and heads to sit on the loveseat opposite of Papa and Wanda. She cuts across in front of us and sees my face. She immediately sets down her coffee and gently puts my hood down.
"Что, черт возьми, случилось с моим малышом?" |What the hell happened to my little one?| She whispers.
"Nightmare." I tell her.
I can tell Wanda is very upset. She gives me a sad look. The elevator moves again and I yank up my hood. Mama looks confused but then hears the elevator ding. Mama's phone dings and she reads whatever was sent to her as she grabs her coffee and sits down. I look at Papa and see him looking like he is typing on his phone. Then Mama's phone dings again. I realize he is texting her what happened. Wanda's phone goes off too and she begins to read. I hear Clint and Scott in the kitchen. They are arguing about who is going to win Mario Kart. It sounds like they are screaming in my ear due to my hearing but I don't let anyone know my head hurts this bad. They come over and sit on the beanbag chairs at the end of each loveseat. I toss the remote at Clint. He catches it and turns on Mario Kart. They begin to play. Everyone else slowly filters in. Wanda motions for me. I get up, hiding my face, and meet her in the kitchen area. Steve is already in the kitchen. We both walk in.
"Grab the fruit, wash it, and cut it please." He tells us as he makes lots of scrambled eggs.
I glance down at my hands. Wanda follows my gaze and realizes I can't help. She pulls out her phone and texts Peter. He walks over.
"I'm gonna help instead of Scar. She didn't get much sleep last night." He says.
Steve nods, too focused on not burning the eggs to care.
I go to walk back and sit on the couch with Piet but the room is buzzing with people. I really don't want people to see my face and my head is throbbing so I send a quick text to Mama telling her I'm going to go to my room until breakfast and slip into the elevator. She responds saying "okay. if you need anything let me know." I get to my room, make my bed, and tidy up a bit. Before I can do anything else Mama texts me telling me to start to head up. I walk out my door and gently close it behind me. I get in the elevator and slip back into the room while everyone is filing into the dining area. I sit in between Wanda and Mama like usual. Everyone sit down and is grabbing food. Wanda gets food for me because of my hands.
"Scarlett put your hood down at the table. That's rude." Sam tells me.
I give Peter and Pietro a worried look across the table. I slip my hood off and everything gets silent. I hear a few people curse under their breath.
"She had a nightmare. She freaked out when she woke up. She didn't meant to mess up her eyes okay. Just continue with breakfast." Pietro tells the group annoyed by their reaction.
"You can put the hood back on." Sam says disgusted.
I push my chair out from under the table and walk to the elevator.

A/N
i'm sorry for making sam the "bad guy"! i needed to work with someone and that's just the first person who came to mind :(
let me know how you are liking the story so far and what you think is going to happen next!