Huh. I cannot believe I had to do these childish things just to have Kim.

“Thank you,” I murmured and slowly opened the door.

“Wait!” He stepped beside me and turned me around to face him. “I – um – I – just – I want you to – um…”

“What?” I asked, controlling my laughter.

“Date.”

“Huh?”

“Letushaveadatetomorrow,” he said hurriedly.

I giggled. “Slowly, Kim.”

He blushed and looked away. “Let us have a date tomorrow.”

“Oh!” This time I was the one who blushed.

“Oh?”

“I mean… okay.”

He smiled, took my hands and kissed the back of it. “Thank you. Now take a rest. I know that tomorrow you will go back to the castle so I will just meet you there at around five. Is that okay with you?”

I cannot help but smile back. He looked so excited and embarrassed at the same time. I nodded in agreement and then urged him to leave. As he walked away, I could hear him humming a song I never knew. And when I was sure that he was gone, I looked up in the cloudless sky and smiled despite the hurt i feel inside my chest.   

Taking a deep breath I said, “I wish it was not Kim who asked me on a date…”

***********

“We did not find him.”

I knew they would never find him.

A frontterra was hard to find because unlike the other demons, we could TOTALLY hide our auras. It would be very easy for us to pretend that we were humans by just changing our physical appearance and hiding our auras. Even the best hunter could never track us.

Only a frontterra could track another frontterra.   

“How’s Athrun?” I said instead.

“He is doing great.” He walked away from his throne and went to my direction. “Maybe you should visit him in his room.”

I smirked. “No, thank you.”

Visit? What would I say to him? After all that happened the night before we separated, I ran out of words to say to him. Well, I had a couple of curse left to say but I do not think it could make any difference.

“I have to leave. I have an appointment.”

With that, I left the hall and went to the garden. I waited there for Kim who arrived after thirty minutes dressed in white shirt and khaki pants. His bangs were swept aside giving me a full view of his wonderful chocolate brown eyes.

Our first destination was the mall. We watched a movie about two lovers who got separated before their wedding. I do not know how it ended because I got bored so I just pretended that I was watching though the truth was I was busy thinking of Athrun.

How was he? Had he regained his strength? Should I have checked for his condition? What was he up to now?

Urgh! How could I possibly move on if all I do was think about him? When Kim and I left the castle, I kept on seeing Athrun on the faces of other people. I saw Athrun as a baker, barber and a police! I could even sense him! The only problem was every time I look back, Athrun was gone and so was his aura!     

Move on, Zena!

After the movie, we went to the nearest restaurant to eat diner. That time, I thought I was still hallucinating but I was wrong. I saw Athrun standing near the women’s comfort room and this time I was sure it was really him because I could sense his aura. I looked at Kim but he seemed to be clueless of what was happening.