Chapter 11

*Edited*

(Brandon's POV)

We walked hand in hand towards Padre's hospital room, my shirt and pants crumpled from the long plane ride here.

"Brandon!" Madre's voice rang down the hallway as she rushed towards us her eyes brimming with tears. Wrapping her arms around both Rose and I, her familiar scent whirling around us, I felt like it would be okay.

"Oh Anjelica, are you okay?" Roses' voice rang out just as silky as always.

"Yes, yes I am good. Just so worried about him, if.. If something was to ever happen to him I would die!" Madre exclaimed and again wrapped her arms around Rose dramatically.

As caring as ever Rose wrapped her arms around Madre and hugged her. A small smile forming on my lips as I noticed the happiness evident in her eyes whenever she felt wanted.

Oh Rose, if only you knew how wanted you really were. How needed you are.

Valentine came up behind me a hand grasping my shoulder as we walked towards the room. A heavy lump forming in my throat.

"They say he's in a critical state, he's in an induced coma and they want to operate on him in a few hours if his state doesn't improve" I pushed the door open and walked towards my Padre, he looked so frail laying there.

Padre was a big man, masculine and he always tried to stay in shape, often we would go to the gym and talk nonsense, seeing him lay there looking utterly weak and like he could just fade away made everything inside me hurt.

I placed a hand on his own and allowed my self to cry. Tears began to stream down my face steadily as I looked at my Padre. How could a man so powerful fall victim to a heart attack?

Small, slender arms wrapped themselves around my waist and held onto me tightly, Roses' head leaning against my back as her body shook slightly.

Pulling her around and into my arms I noticed how torn Rose was.

"Rosé?" Her big blue eyes looked up at me, a weak smile forming on her lips.

"Rosé, what's wrong?"

"I know that things between us didn't start all.. Romantic and shit like that but I really like your family. Your mum is funny and expressive, she reacts to everything so deeply. Your father contrasts that so much. He always has a smile on his face and when he's burdened with news he doesn't care if it's good or bad. He's just there for you and supports you. I never had that.. My first family were kind and stuff but once they had their own kids I was put back in the system.. It feels good to have that" realisation flew through my mind as she finished and snuggled back into my chest.

I knew Rose had a hard life, in and out of the foster system never belonging, it never occurred to me how much it would have affected her having my family care about her and accept her..

I opened my mouth to tell her how much we all loved her when all of a sudden Padre began to convulse violently. Rose pulled away from me instantly and grabbed Padres' nurse button and pushed it crazily.

Padre continue to shake violently, his face turning blue as a white foam began to leak out of his mouth.

Doctors came and rushed in to the room as nurses began to push us out into the waiting area.

Madre was on the floor in Valentine's arm crying. Rose paced by the door looking in occasionally before walking away and stubbornly going back to look again.

I sat on the waiting chair and looked at my Madre as she continued to cry, Valentine continued to hold her, his own tears running down his face. Rose sat down next to me for a moment before taking my hand in hers.