Chapter 6

*Edited*

(Rosalyn's POV)

I looked into the floor length mirror in my room, my hair was in its natural waves and sat to the side, I finished tying the bow around my neck and looked at the dress I chose. It was a peach colour, the tight bodice holding my breasts perfectly. The remainder of the skirt puffed out and ended mid thigh. Pulling on matching pumps, I was ready for the Santoro Brunch.

Making my way out to the lounge room I heard Brandon talking in his office. He sounded pissed off. Inching closer to listen my mouth hung open at his next words.

"Stop swearing at me, Val... Yes. Oh right because if I just turn around and tell her that I might be falling in love when we just had sex?! As if she would believe me!" Brandon was silent for a moment before murmuring an answer.

I quickly walked down the hallway as Brandon came out of his office.

I'd woken up early this morning to find my self alone in his room. I'd gotten up to find him but instead found a note regarding some emergency that he needed to take care of.

It was fair to say that my heart was in pain. After he got back he left to go get ready for brunch.
Awkwardly we walked down to the car where Quinn drove us to the Santoro mansion.

"You do remember the plan for today?" Brandon suddenly asked looking down at me with warm brown eyes. Sighing I nodded and leaned back against the leather seat closing my eyes. How could I forget. I was about to become Brandon Santoros' fiancé.

As we arrived at the Santoro house we were welcomed by the same woman as before as she lead us to the backyard. Sitting down in the garden at a white picnic table I was welcomed by Brandon's mother, Anjelica and was pulled into a bone crushing hug from his father, Fiore.

Valentine hugged me warmly causing a smile to come up to my face. Since I had been introduced to the Santoro family it felt like I was genuinely being welcomed in.

"Oh that dress looks lovely on you, Rose" Anjelica said.

"Thank you, Anjelica" I said sitting down next to Brandon and facing her beautiful face.

"I always wanted a girl!" She exclaimed taking my hand in hers as happy tears formed in her eyes. Anjelica was that type of person who cried whenever something good happened. Like getting her favourite chocolate could make her cry from happiness.

I smiled back feeling guilt pull at my heart. I was being accepted and it was all fake.

We ate scones and various mini-cupcakes while the boys downed some scrambled eggs and bacon. Anjelica and I drank tea and I tried my best not to admire the garden to often. My eyes turned to Brandon suddenly who was now standing and looking down at me.

Really? Already?

"As most of you already know, Rose and I met a few months ago in a coffee house" Brandon's words rang around us as I remembered the corny story we had formulated about how we met and got together. I plastered a smile on my face.

"She was the cutest thing, sitting there reading some book when I had tripped and spilt iced coffee all over her" he looked back down at me a sad smile on his face as the words flew from his mouth.

"I called her for a date half an hour after spilling the coffee on her, I couldn't get her out of my head" a genuine smile pulled at his lips as he looked down at me. As if on que he knelt down and pulled a black velvet case from his pocket.

Anjelica gasped and I heard her hands lightly tapping against each other as she got excited.

"Rosalyn Jane Harper... Will you marry me?" He opened the case and revealed the most stunning ring I had ever seen.

My hands flew to my mouth as I looked at the ring and back at Brandon. I nodded yes as tears pooled in my eyes. Taking the White gold ring from the box he slid the ring on to my finger.

I looked down at the light pink jewel that had been expertly carved to look like a blooming rose. My eyes met with Brandon's. I pushed forward and hugged him.

As his strong masculine arms wrapped around my waist and pulling me in to a hug I felt safe. The feeling of his arms around me again reminded me of last night.

(Brandon's POV)

"That ring is something" Valentino said from behind me as I watched Rose dance with my Padre in a silly manner. After the proposal he was ecstatic and demanded for music and a dance. Rose's smile not leaving her face once as she danced with Padre.

"I only bought it this morning" I said trying to sound non-challant.

"Pfft yeah right, that jewel is perfectly carved. Cut the crap, Brandon.. You're in love" Valentine said looking at me with accusing eyes. Sighing and running my hands through my hair I had to agree.

Something about this girl made me want to hold her and protect her.

I knew she was hurt from this morning, I had gotten the call for the ring early this morning. I had snuck out of bed not wanting to disturb the happiness etched on her gentle face. I didn't know how to react when I saw her awake and standing in the kitchen cooking break fast. She was beautiful. Her hair hung over her shoulder as she stood there in blue pyjama shorts and a white singlet.

Looking back at Valentine to see him gone and instead dancing with Rose, he was holding her close and whispering into her ear causing a huge smile to appear on her face.

A pang of jealousy hitting my heart like a tumble of bricks.

(Rosalyn's POV)

"He loves you" Valentine whispered in my ear. A huge smile pulling at my lips.

"No he doesn't" I said in response as he twirled me around and pulled me close to his chest again.

"Trust me, Rose.. He does" and with that I was spun away and collided with a hard chest, warm arms going around my waist. Looking up to come face to face with warm brown eyes.

"Ti Amo" Brandon said suddenly and pulled me close dancing with me amongst the flowers. Looking up at him in confusion as he for the first time in forever refused to tell me what it meant.

Ti Amo?