Chapter 10

*Edited*

(Rosalyn's POV)

* three hours later *

The plane was just as luxurious as the first day I boarded it. The seats a beautiful cream colour and all the embroidery in gold. The floors a shiny dark brown wood. I rested my sore foot on the leather chair in front of me and reclined back attempting to get some sleep before thrown into the whirl wind of New York.

Closing my eyes and breathing in calmly I attempted to rid my mind of all the doubts I had.

If he didn't love me then he wouldn't have said how much he admires me. He might just be shocked. Has he ever even loved anyone before?

Sighing internally I readjusted my foot. Three hours of ignoring the heart pouring session in the hospital. Three hours of major awkwardness.

And now we're on a flight back home still in this awkward situation. To make this worse, my foot was pounding and I had a major craving for pink doughnuts.

"Rosé?"

"Mmmmmm?"

"Are you hungry?" As if on cue my stomach growled wildly. A light chuckle erupted from Brandon's chest causing me to look at him.

To see the perfect smile on that perfect face, to see a look of happiness that I rarely got to see on his serious face.

Seeing him like that I knew I was falling even more in love with him... But was he falling in love with me?

Oh the questions I had, the woes I carry.

"I'll go request dinner" with that he strode away his gait confident.

Pulling my foot back and sitting up in my chair I winced as my foot hit the ground. Pulling a table out from the wall and in front of me waiting for my meal.

"You do realise that dinner is going to take awhile?"

"Yes... I just want to be prepared"

"Prepared for what?"

"A feast!" I announced and straightened my back to look all noble and king like. Right as a smile formed on his lips his phone began to buzz wildly.

"Medicine time!" He announced an easy smile forming on his lips. Brandon began to pull out various pills and syrups. A look of mortification on my face.

Measuring it all out perfectly he handed me the various medication.

"Drink up, Rosé"

Sighing I swallowed the pills and then swallowed the disgusting poo flavoured syrup.

A sour look appearing on my face as a smile ghosted on Brandon's lips. I opened my mouth to say something when again his phone interrupted us.

"Hello?" A moment of silence and then a look of panic crossing his face.

"W-what do you mean?!" I pushed the table away worried.

"What the fuck?! Fix this!" I was trying to stand up when Brandon's large hand came up to stop me.

"Valentine, if you do not help him I will kill you!" Brandon practically shouted. Chills ran down my spine as an image of Valentine laying dead in a gutter appeared in my head.

"You know what I have to do if that old fart fucking dies, Val!" He shouted walking away from me.

Standing gingerly on my feet I moved towards him trying to help. My hand reached out and touched his shoulder.

Brandon snapped around his free hand reaching for the gun he held on him constantly.

I stepped away from him as his eyes softened and his hand moved away from the gun. He stepped towards me causing me to take another step back my foot aching with each step I took.

He was ready to shoot me. Oh my god.

That fucking lunatic!

Tears welled in my eyes from the pain from my foot and from the pain in my heart.

Shutting off his phone he lead me back to a seat and sat in front of me hands on mine.

"Rosé, I don't want you to panic but... Padre had a meeting with one of our large benefactors in the drug side, they had an argument and it got heated quickly... Because of the argument he's had a hard fall from a heart attack.." A look of sadness crumpling his face.

My hands reached for his again as I squeezed them.

I felt anger but sympathy war inside of me.

"So what does this mean?" Brandon looked up a sad look plastered across his face.

"If he doesn't recover soon... I have to take over.. Valentine managed to get out long before me, I'm the only one left to run the business"

"So I'm going back to Francie's?" Brandon's face hardened as a frown formed on his face. He stepped away from me for a moment then looked back at me.

"No, you're staying with me, Rosé" a smile ghosting his lips as he looked at me tears brimming in his face.

"Ti Amo" a look of happiness appearing on his face as his lips connected with mine. As Brandon pulled away I kept my hands on him not wanting him to leave.

"Ti Amo, Rosé"