Someone, Somewhere

The air in Grove Castle is tense.

The press stood by the gates awaiting the king to answer some questions of what transpired the other day; as well for reassurance that the princess is alive and well. A video of Alexandra on the float frantically trying to help out a bleeding Thomas is making its way around the internet and the news. And, as was told by Syldonia's foreign secretaries from around the world, the video had reached even broadcasting news in Asia.

King Arthur, who had spent most of his night in meetings and in calls, stood by the double doors talking to Emilia Dormer, Thomas' wife. Alexandra still lay unconscious on the bed while Harry sat on the loveseat now positioned beside Alex's bed.

The doctors had come and went that morning mostly just checking on Alex's health. "She's stable." one of the doctors told him when he asked. "Why isn't she awake yet then?" he followed up seeing that it's nearly noon and there's still no sign of life from the girl.

"She'll wake up when her body is ready." The doctor comforted.

After talking a bit with the king, the doctors left.

King Arthur sat at the foot of Alexandra's bed, tracing the fresh bandage on her injured hand. The worry on his face obvious as he stared at his daughter's unconscious form. "Thomas is stable now." He suddenly said making Harry look at him. "He's awake."

"That's good to hear." Harry said, his eyes straying back to Alex's face. "She would be happy to hear that."

They remained quiet for a few minutes both wondering when the princess will wake up until the Arthur's Chief of Staff appeared by the door calling on to the king. "Give me a few more minutes." King Arthur said, his eyes not straying from his daughter and the man nodded before disappearing. "You know, what you said last night got me thinking.."

"Sir?" Harry snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the man inquisitively.

"About an enemy. About Tatiana." The king said turning his head to look at the ginger prince. "And now, Alex. My sweet girl.." he trailed off. "I'd do anything to protect her."

Harry would do anything as well. He knew that deep within him. He'll do everything he could.

"When her mother died, Alex had a hard time coping. Seeing as she was with her mum when it happened." Arthur told with a faraway look on his face, clearly remembering the past. "It took her months just to stop her nightmares. Just to make her function again." He sighed. "If the same happens to her on my watch, I don't know what I'll do to myself."

"What if she stays in the UK for a bit? Stay with us while you.." he trailed off. "Fix things."

King Arthur had a faraway look on his face thinking of the possibility of having Alexandra stay in the United Kingdom for a short while as he try to figure out who's trying to wipe out the Beaumont bloodline. "As much as I love my daughter, I know how stubborn she is. She wouldn't want to leave once she figure out why I'm sending her off."

Harry, without even thinking, suddenly blurted out, "What if I stay here? Be with her all the time." He didn't have time to stop his mouth and his eyes widened when he realized what he just said. "I- I- I-"

"You love my daughter, I know." King Arthur chuckled sending Prince Harry a knowing glance. "But, you have to fix your problems first, Harry."

Harry stayed even after King Arthur left to attend his duties.

How is she? Is she awake? Catherine messaged him as he ate his lunch on Alex's study and Harry glanced back at the still sleeping Alexandra on her bed.