House of Beaumont

There always comes a time in your life when everything stands still. It may happen when you're young and falls in love for the first time, when you fail an important exam, when the person you love tells you that they love you as well- or while you watch the love of your life turn his back on you. It can happen to anyone and the causes may either be positive or negative.

For Princess Alexandra Darcy of Syldonia, it was the latter.

Most women would dream about living in a castle, be treated as a royal, be famous, be adored, dress up in ball gowns and mingle with aristocrats but for Princess Alexandra, it felt like a life sentence. No matter how much she loved her country, she felt suffocated at the thought of actually being its Monarch and being the Parliament's Marionette. But then, she fell in love with a man whom she thought would be her strength and support.

The country and the whole world watched as the man she thought would be there ran away.

It was an international scandal; a crown princess, left at the altar by the commoner!

A month passed since the debacle and yet the princess still has a hard time moving on- especially since the press couldn't move on as well. Everywhere she goes, she's followed. Her body language always scrutinized and concluded as depressed. However, she was not depressed. She feels humiliated but not depressed. She believes that her ex does not deserve to be a reason of depression.

"The crown princess was seen in Wetherby Park near Grove Castle taking her usual jog looking more down than ever-"

Alexandra groaned from her seat stopping her stepmother from reading the paper. "When will they ever stop?" she asked exasperated. "I'm perfectly fine!" Aurelia, Queen Consort, looked towards her stepdaughter with an arched eyebrow clearly doubting her statement. The young royal looked towards her father, King Arthur, who then gave her a wink back.

"You rarely go out, sweetheart." Aurelia said slowly yet a hint of distaste on calling the princess sweetheart.

"I don't have anything for the next two months more, remember? Honeymoon." She retaliated resentfully. "I don't have any official visits."

The two stared at each other hard for a few seconds before King Arthur finally cleared his throat, "Well, I have something coming up, if you want, Alex." He said making Alexandra look at him. "Charles had invited me to a state dinner in Buckingham next week."

"Windsors?"

"Well.." Arthur said wiping his mouth with his napkin. "I think it would be a good start. You were good friends with his sons-"

"William. Just William." Alexandra cut him off. "My opinion on the younger one stands. He's a waste of time."

"Oh it had been years, Alexandra." Aurelia said exasperated. "Surely, you can forgive him."

However, the princess turned to look at her stepmother emotionless before saying in a monotone voice, "Sure." Then added with a very venom filled voice, "Over my dead body."

One negative thing about Alexandra is that she can hold a grudge for a long time.

The history between Alexandra and Harry had been unknown. Truthfully, there was not much history between them apart from being childhood friends. However, as they both grew, their interests seemed to become much different. Harry, being a decade older than Alexandra, became much interested in women. Alexandra, on the other hand, had a huge crush on the ginger prince. It may seem like a fairytale in the making- and indeed, it was.

When Harry and Alexandra are 32 and 22, respectively, the two started talking more. Alexandra, being now more open to the thought of an actual relationship and the reality of it, can now crack on a proper conversation with the prince. They had a lot of similarities, in Alexandra's mind. Being both royal, they both can understand each other truthfully and they are both flirting and showing interest with each other.