VI

Warning: a small bit of smut at the end

I woke up the next morning with my arms wrapped around Leah's waist. My face was in her hair, and her body was pressed against my chest. I snorted once and pulled away from her, causing her to get up as well.

"Mornin'," I said gruffly and sat up. I raked my hand through my hair and glanced at her. She had sat up as well, realized she was still naked and pulled the covers over herself. "Hey, you don't gotta cover up, Lee," I said to her with a smile.

Leah rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Black. I'm gonna shower, you get started on breakfast." She got up and walked to the bathroom. I couldn't help but to stare for a short moment, until she turned around to glare at me.

I coughed a bit awkwardly and got up myself, searching for my clothes we had flung off from last night. I threw on the shirt and shorts and went to her kitchen, searching for food. I settled for the two boxes of waffles in her freezer and toasted them.

I grabbed the syrup, some strawberries—knowing how much she liked them and also some orange juice. I grinned at myself, I had done a pretty good job for breakfast, if I could say.

Leah walked out a few minutes later as I was putting the two packets of waffles on the plates. I looked over at her and smiled. "Here," I said and handed her a plate.

On her neck, there were obvious purple and red marks coaxing her russet skin. I admired them for a moment, it suited her to be covered in my marks.

Imprint, my brain reminded me. I shuffled my feet and took my plate to the table and sat down, eating.

"Didn't we promise to take Nessie to the zoo today?" Leah mumbled, her mouth full of waffles.

"Shit," I muttered. "Yeah, we did. Damnit—I'll go shower." I stuffed the waffles into my mouth and scrambled to put my plate and glass into the sink.

I went to Leah's bathroom, ripping off my shorts and shirt off and turned the water on. I stopped to look at myself in the mirror for a second and my cheeks heated up. There were red and purple hickeys over my chest and neck, which I hadn't seen before. My collarbone was covered in hickeys that were fading already.

I smiled to myself and shook my head along with a slight chuckle and jumped into the shower.

I got out of the shower ten minutes later and dried off my hair with the white towel Leah had left me. I pulled on the pair of clothes she had also left me and walked out, putting the towel in the hamper. Leah was in her room, putting on her jeans. I plopped on her bed and sprawled out.

"Jake, I just made my bed," Leah whined, throwing her sock at me. I snickered and caught it before it hit me. She groaned in frustration and glared at me. I sent her an uneasy smile. "I really hate that you always do that," she snapped.

I laughed and threw the sock back at her, she caught it with ease and put it on her foot, wobbling for balance. I sighed and stood up, going to her. She put her arm on my shoulder to balance and put on the sock.

"Thanks," she muttered.

"Sure, sure."

"Jake, about last night," she muttered, looking up at me.

"Hey, don't sweat it," I muttered, glancing down at her. "We were in the moment. It was a good experience for both of us," I shrugged and smiled. I walked to the door and grinned at her. "C'mon, we're gonna be late."