saitō shimaru 斉藤終 ; 二

"i knew it was you from the very beginning

"i knew it was you from the very beginning."
-----

yourself and saitō were quite good friends. even though it was quite hard to communicate, (with him always using signs), you guys got along really well. but, you wished that the friendship label would somehow change to lover.

you've always had the tiniest little crush on him; no, not really. you have the largest crush on the boy. it's a surprise that he hadn't of figured it out yet.

just recently, he had told you about a mission that went awry. being around him, the mood would be incredibly gloomy. then, you thought of a way to make him feel better.

once he was gone from his room, you quickly snuck in and reached in your pocket and placed it on his desk. "i want to remind you: you are brave. you are strong. you are... so beautiful."

"ah... should i have written that last part?" you heard a pair of footsteps were walking back to the room. there was no time to get out of the room, so you hid in the closet. you left the door open a creak and saw saitō enter.

the man had his head down low as he plopped himself down on the cushion seat. he leaned his head down on the low table and closed his eyes. a gust of wind came through the open window which made your note fly from the desk on the floor next to him.

it made a little crinkle sound and he opened one eye. saitō sat back up straight and picked it up. although he wore a mask, you saw the curves of lips form a smile. after his positive reaction, you decided to leave notes on his desk for the next week.

"my life is much better with your smile." this made him look around frantically.

"accept your mistakes. they will make your next result better." he tilted his head.

"you make me so happy." after this point, it became mostly about how you felt about him.

"i love it most when you're yourself."

just as you were going to place your note of the day, the door opened behind you. you turned around and hid the note behind your back. "saitō-kun! what... a surprise seeing you here... in your office..."

"what are you doing in here? i thought we were hanging out later today." the sign he held up read.

"yes, we are... i was just checking in on you. hehe... i'll see you later!" you were about to head out the door, but he held onto the your shoulder.

"what do you have behind your back?"

"nothing!" he lifted up your left arm and did a little twirl with you until your back was facing him. saitō grabbed the paper in your hands. "wait! wait! don't- ah, too late."

"i love you so much."

"surprise...? i was the one writing you all those notes. you were in a bad mood so i wanted to cheer you up a bit." he threw the note back onto his table and engulfed you in a bear hug.

"i knew it was you from the very beginning. i'm in love with you as well."

--
requested by @n_khxiru

// if y'all are bored, check out my new haikyu book i published :) also, sorry for the delay in updates for this book !!