Chapter 50

"All right, on my count. One...Two...Three..."

I smiled into the camera for the tenth time.

Valdo sighed and removed the camera from his face. "She still didn't look or smile."

I took a deep breath and released it, "Well, we can cross model off the list of professions that she'll be interested when she gets older." For the past thirty minutes, Valdo and I have been trying to take a picture of Jamaica. She smiled for the first time this morning when Valdo went to pick her up. I missed her first smile, but Valdo was convinced she smile again soon. So we put on our best clothes and took out the digital camera.

She hasn't smiled once.

"I think I should try. Maybe she likes me more." Valdo joked.

"If she liked you more she wouldn't have been crying for my breast forty-five minutes ago."

Valdo smirked, "Those are some good breasts." he winked, "We both know she isn't the only one who has cried for those breasts."

My face turned a shade of pink, and I laughed, "Can you just take the photo, please?"

"Okay, I'll try a few more times but if she still doesn't smile we'll have to find another solution." Valdo placed the camera over his eyes.

My jaws were hurting from all the smiling, but I tried to smile one more time.

"Perfect," he whispered.

"Did she smile?" I moved my head and looked down at Jamaica. Her face was still expressionless.

"No, she didn't, but you did, and your smile is perfect," he responded.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "This won't work. We'll have to wait until she gets older."

He shrugged, "Okay, fine. It's my time to take pictures with her." Valdo walked towards me and gently lifted Jamaica out of my arms. When she was securely in his arms, I gave him the seat.

I looked at him, "Fix your shoulders and tilt your head to the right a bit."

"Mhmm...I love it when you boss me around."

I chuckled.

Where did I get this man from?

"You're a trouble maker."

Valdo started moving one of his eyebrows up and down, "You're the only person I trouble."

I shook my head and lifted the camera off the stand.

"Smile for the camera." I lifted the camera and placed it over my eyes. I look through the lens as it focused. "One...Two...Three." As I pressed the button on three, a big smile came on Jamaica's face.

I lift the camera away from my face with a big grin on my face. "She smiled! Valdo, she smiled!" I laughed and started looking for the photo I just took on the camera.

I smiled at the photo.

Jamaica and Valdo were both smiling at the camera. I walked over to him and showed him the picture.

He chuckled, "I told you she likes me more."

"She smiled because she was looking at me."

Valdo shrugged, "Whatever makes you happy."

I turned the timer on the camera to fifteen seconds, then placed it on the tripod. "Time for all three of us."

I quickly sat beside Valdo and wrapped my arms around his waist.

I heard the click, which meant the photo was taken. I moved back to the camera and looked at the picture.

"Beautiful," I whispered. I walked over to Valdo and showed him the picture.