Chapter 48

"What was your husband like?" I asked. Zuria's life was so mysterious, and I wanted to know more. 

"Well," Zuria glanced at me, "He was a very cold and calculated man. He liked giving commands. He liked being in charge. He didn't like big gatherings." she paused, "If you're talking about physical features he was extremely handsome, I mean like drop-dead gorgeous. He had thick dark hair. His eyes were like midnight." 

I frowned at her. He didn't sound anything like Valdo. "Did you love him?"

She smiled, "Very much."

I didn't understand. Apart from his good looks, he seems very toxic. How could she have loved a man like that?  She's so sweet, completely opposite from her husband. "Why?"

 Was it possible to love someone who was cruel and demanding?

"When I met him, I needed someone like him in my life. My life was out of control, and he fixed it. He taught me how to control my emotions and so many other things." she shrugged. "It never bothered me that he was a dick to most people because he was romantic, passionate and caring when it came to me." She sighed, "The only problem I had with him was that he never expressed his feelings. We were married for years, and he never once told me he loved me. It was something I needed because I grew up without love. Not knowing how to love and not being loved by anyone. The only person who has  ever told me 'I love you' is my son." I heard the pain in her voice. 

I looked at her smile, "I love you, Zuria." Zuria was an amazing woman, and it was hard no to love her. She deserved to know that she was loved. 

She chuckled, "I love you, Jakobia."

"You are.." I didn't get to finish my sentence because something crashed into the back of the car. I looked behind us at the car that had hit us, "It's not stopping, why isn't it stopping?" I looked back at Zuria, but she was looking straight ahead, increasing her speed. "Why aren't you stopping?"

"That was not an accident." She said, looking straight ahead.

"It wasn't?" I asked with a frown.  Someone intentionally hit the back of her car?

  Even though Zuria was driving faster, the car managed to catch up and slammed in us a second time, this time waking up Jamaica and Alessandro. Jamaica started screaming; I turn to look at my screaming baby. Alessandro was frightened by her cries, and so he began to cry as well. 

My heart was pounding. I wanted to hug her in my arms until she stopped crying.

Why was someone trying to run us off the road? 

Zuroia removed her right hands from the steering wheel and started dialling a number through the car phone. 

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" A male voice with an Italian accent came through the speakers. 

"What's going on, Niccolo?" Zuria asked furiously.

"I'm good, Bella. Thanks for asking." after a pause, he continued, "Why is Alessandro crying?"

"Someone's trying to run me off the road, Niccolo. I have two kids in the car with me." I could tell Zuria was trying her best to keep calm, but her anger was obvious. 

"Che Cosa, who's is trying to run you off the road?" he asked with concern laced in his voice. Was he a relative of hers? 

Nah, she was an orphan. She didn't have a family, but maybe her husband did. 

Giovanni was an Italian name.

"I don't know, Niccolo. That's why I'm asking you. What have you done this time?" This time? This isn't the first time someone tried to run her off the road? Was Niccolo mixed up in something bad? Was that the reason someone was trying to run us off the road?