Kakashi x Reader - Soulmate AU

Start from the beginning

"I thought you hate me, by your eye roll back at the Hokage's office"

"You know what? I don't want to talk to you unless I have to"

"Will you shut up both of you? You are worse than teenagers", Pakkun says in his boring voice, tired of you guys arguing in the background.

You soon come to a river that you need to cross and sit to discuss the plan of action. Kakashi explains you the routes and terrains and where exactly the hideout you need to check out is. You decide the complete course to take and a few alternate pathways. You have to constantly adjust your courses and hide and be careful to not leave traces behind. One thing that didn't change throughout all this, is your bickering.

"Is that all you got, no wonder I was told to carry you through the mission"

"If you hadn't spent all that time in thinking about banter, you would've lead the team instead of Pakkun"

"But I have Pakkun, so you are pretty useless"

"Say that while we are on the ground and not on a mission, I will punch your pretty face"

"So you do think my face is pretty. Are you slow because you are fantasizing about me?"

"F**k you, Hatake"

"Any time L/N"

"Arghhh"

"Shut up! Shut... Up... I am disappearing right now", Pakkun yells.

"Tell him to shut up", you say as if complaining to someone.

"He is my summon, so he is on my side", Kakashi laughs

"I am leaving your ass here, Kakashi and I won't even think twice", Pakkun says in his monotonous voice.

"Fine", Kakashi says and shuts up.

"I hate this, and you", you mutter under your breath.

"I heard that and I don't particularly like you either", Kakashi responds without Pakkun hearing it.

Soon you are crossing the border for the Cloud village but you do realize there is no way to avoid the company. Thankfully, it is none of the sound four but these ninjas are super fast and strong too. You and Kakashi take your positions while Pakkun disappears. You take a group of Shinobis who don't look very strong and he takes a group of three that look like jonin level keeping an eye out on you. You defeat them with some help from Kakashi, with your water style and come over to join him in his fight.

"You look worse than before, that is saying something", he says as soon as you join him.

"How the f**k can you talk while we are fighting?"

"Because I am not as out of shape as you are. You look like you will pass out", he says.

"As if you look like you haven't broken a sweat. Shut up and fight now", you respond.

You defeat the one you are fighting while Kakashi is dodging two of them . You hold your enemy's head in a tight grip and slit their throat with a kunai.

"I can't believe I am helping you out", you say to him.

"Don't think you defeated all of the others alone", reminding you of his help in defeating the younger shinobi.

While taking care of one, the clone of the other one comes from nowhere to attack Kakashi. But before either of them can react, you jump in front of the clone and take its attack on yourself injuring your abdomen, but managing to make it disappear. In a fit of rage, he takes care of the remaining one, and rushes to check in on you.