Inferno.

Inferno.

I had this song in mind when I was thinking up this one shot. I can still lowkey see that Damon and Cookie scene...yuck.

A blaze of fire cast over with red fury lit Cookie's eyes as she came like a wrecking ball, destroying everything in her wake in her Prada heels, wielding a baseball bat like a madwoman. 'Til this day, Lucious thought he'd saw Cookie at her angriest but as that damn bad connected with the side of his head causing him to fall like a stack of dominos, he realized he'd unlocked a new level of vexation and created an unrelenting beast. This little game of theirs was supposed to be fun...a little tit for tat, but when she'd sauntered into the studio with a look that promised mayhem, holding his prized A.Rod bat, Lucious knew he was in for Hell.

His muse? Cookie swung the bat and shattered the glass at Lucious' lies. Lies, lies, lies! His biggest critic? Was her; Loretha Cookie goddamn Lyon, A fiercely loyal woman who had pushed that man to be the best he could possibly be. She watched these people coddle Lucious, telling him what he wanted to hear but never what he needed. Her mouth spoke nothing but the truth. She was boldly honest, uncaring, and unapologetic. That in turn had made her, Cookie, his greatest ally.

"None of this would've existed without me!" The despair and frustration thick in her burning gaze as Lucious watched her crack the glass, the remanence hitting the floor like heavy patters of raindrops. Lucious had never seen his ex-wife so unhinged. It frightened him just as much as it turned him on. "-So you could build this place! So you could build this Empire!" The Lyon dived to the floor when the metal came zooming in the air, it's target being his face. The glass shattered around him as Cookie continued to scream and holler.

"You say Lyons roar so let me hear you roar!"

The bat swung around in Cookie's hand as her ex-husband's empty threats echoed out. Adrenaline pumped through her veins...she was nowhere near done with this man. She wouldn't be satisfied until he was rolling around in her ashes, begging for mercy. A dead look came over her eyes as they briefly looked into each other's eyes before the elevator doors closed. Lucious looked beyond rattled. His shirt stained with blood. His once pristine suit scratched and torn with his disheveled perm making him look untamed and wild. He looked how she felt. But as the doors closed as Lucious' face disappeared; the anger cooled as her mind was given a moment to breathe as she centered on the true object of her rage.

Her eyes scoped the office under a narrowed haze. The bat willing and waiting to cause for destruction. A cold chill ran down her spine when her brown eyes fell in the framed photograph of Lucious and Anika...'his muse'. Lucious could kiss her black ass! The photo crashed to the ground before it was repeatedly met with the end of her bat. He didn't love that woman. Cookie knew that, but it didn't make them being together hurt any less. Prison had been hard. A time capsule...no windows, no clocks, no assurance that the ones she loved the most were waiting for her on the other side. But returning to her hus-ex-husband, loving another woman the way he'd promised to love her for the rest of his life tore her apart. It felt like someone had reached into their chest with their cold hands and snatched her beating heart from her body.

The piano, the only musical instrument standing proud in Lucious' office, quickly caught Cookie's attention in her mist of rage. The music...the first thing that had truly connected her to Lucious, given her hope at a better life had ultimately been the thing to tear them apart. Something that had once founded their love and made it strong, weakened it. It had forced Lucious over and over again to choose between it or his family, and like the weak man Lucious was...he chose the music each and every time. A lone tear slid down her cheek as she smashed the bat into the grand instrument. The sound of it's crying as Cookie broke it without any care bounced off of the walls, vibrating out into the halls where Lucious stumbled and gasped for air as he tried to make his way toward Cookie before she did any more damage.