Chapter 32

*Friday morning*

Rachel’s POV

I lifted my head from my magazine once I heard my front door open and close while Alex entered the house. Alex said that he would love to accompany me today at the studio to bring me some good energy as I worked with Blood Of Escaping again.

“Hey babe, ready to go?” he said walking over to me, with a warm smile, leaning over the back of my couch to give me a kiss on the forehead.

“You look extremely sexy today, you know that Alex?” I gave him a wink as I stood up.

He was wearing a Glamour Kills tank top with a pair of shorts and his cheetah print Vans, and looked damn good.

“I could say the same about you too, ya know” he held me and gave me a deep kiss.

I broke it apart realizing I had to grab some of my gear to use today, and telling Alex that I’d be back in a minute.

As I ran upstairs to my studio, I heard Alex rummaging around in my fridge. I packed up what I needed cautiously, not wanting anything to scratch or get ruined.

“Hey! Nice flowers! Who are they from!” I heard Alex yell up to me.

My eyes went wide. Shit, did he find the bouquet that I threw in the trash?!

Not knowing which one he was talking about, I replied “I dont know, you tell me!”

“Hah, you're awesome, babe!” was all I got back as a reply, and I realized that he must have been talking about his flowers he sent me.

———————

Alex’s POV

If it wasn't weird, I’d totally give myself a pat on the back right now. These roses were beautiful, and I knew Rachel would love them.

I grabbed a piece of watermelon from Rachel’s fridge and began to eat it over the sink, carefully not trying to make a mess with it. But knowing me, once I started eating it, the watermelon juice went all over the floor underneath me.

I didn't want Rachel to know that I made a mess, so I grabbed paper towels and cleaned up the floor. As I bent down I smelt a different flower aroma. It wasn't the smell of the roses, thats for sure. So when I opened the cupboard that had the garbage can in it, I noticed a bouquet of very colourful flowers inside. I threw out the paper towels and dug out the bouquet out of the trash that was on top of it. Somehow, I feel like I wasn't supposed to find this.

I read the card attached to it:

blah blah cool and beautiful blah blah secret admirer blah blah blah

waaait a minute. Cool and beautiful? Secret admirer? Who was this? A 15 year old? Wait but they’re sending flowers, so it’s obviously an adult…And why did Rachel have to throw this out and not tell me about it? Also, who would send these without writing their name in the card?

Yep, I think I wasn't supposed to see this at all.

What really made me angry was that it was clearly another mans writing.

I put the bouquet back in the trash can trying to make it so I hadn't touched it. One thing that had stood out for me in that note was “see you around”. It had to be someone that Rachel already knew.

One things for sure, I’ll be on the look out all day today.

I heard Rachel’s footsteps on the stairs, knowing that she was coming back down. I walked away from the garbage can and I met her by the stairs, giving her a kiss once she landed at the bottom. She seemed surprised, but then kissed back.