Chapter 19

Wednesday March 19 2014

Dear diary,

This week has already been quite hectic and its only Wednesday! I had told the guys at the beginning of the week that we would be working at a fast pace this week to try to get as much done as we could, and I was surprised at how serious they took me. We accomplished a lot and it motivated me even more having my boyfriend by my side everyday. When Alex and I told the guys on Monday that we were together, they almost trampled us in hugs and were congratulating us. I have to admit that making things official with Alex, has given me more confidence and I’m just hoping for the best.

Alex had texted me not too long ago asking me if I wanted to go to this relatively new club downtown tomorrow since ladies get in free on Thursday’s. Going to clubs isn't really my scene but he promised he would stay by my side the entire time, so I agreed to try it out.

——————

Rachel’s POV

“We’re all part of the same, sick little games…” I sang one of the band’s new songs that we worked on today while I was getting dressed. Alex said he would be driving to my house and then get a taxi to pick us up from here and drive us to the club since we would be drinking.

I threw on a cute short purple dress and added a simple silver necklace with it along with my silver heels. It has been quite some time since I’ve been to a club, but I’m glad that I’m going out of my comfort zone tonight with Alex by my side.

While I was in the bathroom quickly brushing my hair, I heard my doorbell go off along with Alex saying “is there a pretty lady in there?” God, this guy was too charming.

——————

“Ladies first!” Alex said to me motioning his hand towards the entrance of the club. I grabbed his hand behind me and led him inside.

“Wow, this is nice” I said as Alex nodded in agreement. The club was big, spacious (surprisingly), and not crowded…yet.

Alex ordered him and I drinks at the bar: a beer for himself and a margarita for me and soon enough the bartender brought us our drinks, giving me a wink while he set my drink in front of me. My first instinct was to hold onto Alex’s free hand and it seemed like the bartender got the message as he left to go flirt with a couple of girls on the other side of the bar.

We had a pretty good time at the club. Alex and I stayed sitting at the bar talking about whatever came to our minds and watching clearly drunk people try to dance for a while and we had ordered some more drinks while we were still there. Eventually, he stood up and held out his hand towards me.

“What?”

“Come on, you know what it means when a guy reaches out his hand to a girl while there’s music playing” he explained to me.

“Well, yeah I obviously know, but I just didn't have you pegged as a dancing type” I giggled a bit at him.

“Yeah I might embarrass myself, but just remember, you agreed to be my girlfriend.”

I grabbed his hand as he led me to the dance floor and I was instantly pulled into his chest as he tried to sway with the music. I played along and thankfully there were far more embarrassing people dancing so it wasn't that bad.

There was a group of guys behind Alex and I who were constantly trying to get girls to dance with them, but they were clearly the jerk types so nobody wanted to have anything to do with them. As Alex and I were dancing together, the group of jerks would occasionally bump into me or Alex. They would say sorry the first couple of times it happened, but eventually stopped and would stare at me.