Chapter 17

Before we had started any of the set up or planning, the guys insisted that they wanted to get to know me and thought that I should know them too. So we grabbed a few snacks and drinks from the variety store across the street and hung out for a while. I had learned their names: Jack, Rian, and Zack…and of course, Alex. They told me about how they formed as a band and where they wanted to go with their music. They, of course insisted that I tell them about myself, so I had to as well, all the while, Alex sat right beside me on the couch, his arm draped casually on the back of the couch around me.

———————

We were all in the recording room complete with all their necessary equipment and the guys had just finished playing one of their new songs.  

“I really like that song!” I shouted to them as they finished off showing me their song called Break Your Little Heart, “none of you boys better do that to me though!” I said earning some laughs between the boys.

“I like her,” Jack said enthusiastically, “you always meet the best ones, Gaskarth!”

I looked over at Alex and shrugged at him whilst smiling, and I could see his cheeks turning pink as he turned around, hiding his face.

——————

“I’m hungryyyy” Rian whined, looking at his watch and feeling his stomach.

I checked the clock and it showed 1:24pm, I guess we should stop for a lunch break. We were recording the drums for Break Your Little Heart and I had told Rian to take a moment’s break, but apparently his stomach wanted more than just a minute break.

I held down the “on” button on the microphone and spoke into it, “alright Rian, come on out for a minute and we’ll send someone for lunch but we’ll continue tracking the drums until you're done”

“Alex? You wanna go grab lunch? I’m feeling a craving for a burger” Zack said to him, the guys agreeing with Zack.

“Yeah that’s fine. Rach! Wanna come with me?” he said anxiously.

“Ummm, Alex? Remember? I’m working?” I laughed slightly, but loving how he wanted to spend more time with me.

“Oh right…uh, okay, Zack! Come with me!”

Alex and Zack took down our orders and left the studio, leaving Rian to go back into the sound room and Jack sitting down beside me on another chair.

“You know he really likes you, right?” He said moving his chair closer to me.

I looked over at him trying to understand correctly. Alex liked me a lot? “Does he really?”

Jack laughed a little bit, “are you kidding me? He tells us about you all the time! Half the stuff you told us about yourself before, we already knew because of him not being able to shut up about you!”

“Are we gonna do this or what?!” Jack and I turned towards the glass to see Rian sitting at his kit waiting for the ok to start.

Jack reached over me and talked in to the mic, “Nah man, come over here first!”

Rian came inside the control room and sat down on the couch, “what’s the problem?”

“I’m just trying to tell Rachel how much our little Alex likes her!”

“Oh yeah, he really likes you, I havent seen him this excited about a girl in…ever actually. Haven’t you noticed?” Rian said to me.

I sat back in my chair thinking to myself, and I guess Rian and Jack were right. He was extremely nice to me, he had even told me when we were a little tipsy that he likes me, and he took me out on probably my most favourite date ever and made it special as well.